cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Log Orgins/Destinations

radriaans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good evening everyone,

I am trying to get my insurance going and my insurer is asking for a call log that includes origins/destinations. I looked at the documents I could retrieve online and while you can get a call log, it does not include origins/destinations. Is there any way I could go about getting this? Many thanks in advance. I am unable to reinstate my insurance without this so it would be very much appreciated. Cheers

17 REPLIES 17

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Lol...now I know why I made that assumption when I scrolled down to see my reply. Gee it makes you wonder why I never told the bf about turning it off?😉

@darlicious 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Reoccurring-Automatic-Outgoing-Text-Messa...

The network sends a notification to the device with the "SMS-Silent" protocol, which prompts the device to reply with another "SMS-Silent" response. It's harmless enough, basically the network pinging your device in a way which forces it to immediately reveal it's radio location and status, etc. I speculate that it's trying to confirm which local cell site can deliver and accept best (fastest) service when in areas between multiple low-signal cell sites. I've read that it's sometimes deliberate, like when cops are tracking a suspect/criminal/etc - maybe true, maybe tinfoil hat internet lies.

I have all "SMS-Silent" protocols disabled on my SMS handling app. I consider them an invasion of privacy. The network can damned well wait until I feel like telling it where I am, lol.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

To 7723 I believe that's Facebook/Messenger. Since that was the bf using the data account and he uses messenger a lot it gets recorded in the usage history for some reason....at least that's my most logical assumption.

@darlicious 

I'm curious, what does "Destination Location: Prod1" on your screenshot mean? Both of the examples were outgoing texts.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@radriaans 

Customer support should be able to pull up the province but it only gives the info of the area code not the actual location as thats a privacy issue only accessible by court order. Your insurer is asking for info unavailable to customers/average citizens. If you dont mind giving up your privacy to your insurer give them your google location history/timeline.

The originating call location and destination based on area code were listed in the old self serve daily usage pages.

Screenshot_20220803-183550~2.png

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@radriaans 

You know that one of the two endpoints on all your calls is going to be your own number (or your own voicemail/forwarded number), of course.

You can do "reverse phone number lookup" searches online. They are a free public service - like phonebooks - even though many of the top-search-result sites (who paid to be the top-search-result sites) will try to impress the gullible, shove adware/spyware, and sell all sorts of garbage.

Some companies, businesses, and offices will have Caller IDs - but most will not. All but a few consumers also will not - the most you can learn about them will likely be the number block (local calling area, city) and the network (Telus, Bell, Rogers, etc) their number was originally assigned onto - and even that isn't too meaningful since people can port their numbers wherever they go between carriers.

You'll also typically see how many online searches were made for that number, what sort of history it may have online. Good to search your own number online, see if it used to be owned by a spammer or a pizza place or whatever.

There are ways to dig deeper and reveal more information, through other databases and such. The sort of thing restricted to tax collectors, law enforcement, and resourceful private detectives. And there are even ways to pay for them to collect or compile this info for you, sometimes. But the CRTC and OPC work hard to protect (one-way) privacy, they even restrict consumer services like TrapCall from operating in Canada.

@radriaans wrote:

Unfortunately I did, to no avail. I guess they want pinpoint accuracy to my house. Province details? How would I go about doing this and would that provide said details? Thanks. 

@radriaans - 

You can enter different things in your public mobile account profile and fake it (i mean the name and address entered), if your insurance company knew this it would not be a very credible source.

I suggest using another provider/vendor bill where you live.

radriaans

Thank you for pitching in. I have reached out to them as well. Cheers

radriaans

Thank you much for the support. I am in line for a ticket now. Respect my dude. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@radriaans 

request invoice form contact to support team by private message CS_Agent 

has your full address and also you can show them your credit card bank statement has your address.

@radriaans   I  doubt PM will be able to help.  They already provide the usage history , but, open ticket with them, explain the importance and maybe they will help

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

radriaans

Unfortunately I did, to no avail. I guess they want pinpoint accuracy to my house. Province details? How would I go about doing this and would that provide said details? Thanks. 

@radriaans   Provide them what you have.  No log from any carrier will resolve those details for them.  They are asking a bit too much.  And honest, if they see the area code, they can easily tell the province.  604 is BC, 416 is Ontario,  514 is Quebec, etc

of course, if it is a serious claim, you can try to resolve on the province details for them on the side

radriaans

Yeah, location, province, etc. They're telling me up and down that it's common but I have yet to see a company to provide this. They want to confirm that I live at the location I've provided, hence the locations. There's no way I'll be able to have public mobile provide this then? Thanks again. 

@radriaans   location as in city and province?

No phone log will give you that, I think.   Tell the insurance that is what you got.  If there is any particular number they are looking for, they can easy check the location of that phone number

But they are trying to find out the location where you make the call, then again, no log will show that

radriaans

Thank you for the quick response. Maybe I should've been clearer as they're looking for an origin location and destination location, not origin number/destination number. Is there any way to receive this? Thanks

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@radriaans   

On the same page , Usage History, there is a download option on the top right.

Download it .  The downloaded version (in Excel format) has both the originating number and the destination. 

softech_0-1659572774667.png

Need Help? Let's chat.