cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@CS_Agent in our Community

chucklesiam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently purchased US roaming add-on while in Alaska. Never able to connect. What do I do now.

8 REPLIES 8

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have a friend who's on the $50 • 40GB Canada-US Plan, and because up until recently the Plan Details weren't showing under 'Subscription & Add-ons', so he purchased a USA Talk + Text Add-on to be safe when traveling into the USA.

I told him it wasn't needed since he had a USA Plan but it was already to late, I helped him Contact a Customer Support Agent who was able to refund him the $15 he paid for the Add-on since his Plan already included it.. but since Public Mobile wasn't clear he wasn't sure, since it was Publics fault for not properly displaying the included features of his Plan, they refunded him in Account Credit. 

Good that coverage in Alaska seems to be improving @dust2dust 

I’ll have to try to squeeze in some more reading through my 50 hour work weeks.

👌

@HALIMACS- Yeah the wording makes that a little uncertain as to whether they're back.
It's not just about Alaska. It's that AT&T seems to be back for us. I'm not yet sure that it needs a volte enabled phone though. I would think it would just not allow talk but that text and data would work. But I'm not sure.

Gee thanks @dust2dust 

Sounded to me like the OP was back so it might have been a moot point for them.

So the ATT agreement now allows coverage while in Alaska? I thought, perhaps it was only for VoLTE-enabled devices.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you back in Canada now? If not then connect to AT&T and set the phone to 4G LTE and see if it works. You could also simply be out of the AT&T coverage area. If your phone is not enable for volte then text and data should still work. But you won't have talk.
It would be nice if regulars read things to know that AT&T seems to be back. Which means it should work in Alaska.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chucklesiam  Sorry PM won’t work in Alaska . Please submit ticket with support for a credit . Response times are slow right now too unfortunately 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @chucklesiam 

i think you are back already? look like it is now working with AT&T in some Alaska cities

But if you are back already, it is too late, just submit a ticket with CS agent and they might refund you the money for the addon

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

US roaming does not work in Alaska. You can ask the customer support agents to refund you the add-on cost.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods: use option 2  listed below, as there is an issue with option one:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.