cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@ CS_Agent Lost old sim so I’m not able to confirm full access for the new Public Mobile sim

Anj1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On the app, I got a message saying that in order to get full access to Public Mobile service, I need to confirm the phone number (which I want transferred). The issue is that I don’t have access to the old sim anymore so I am not able to receive the 6-digit code that was sent. Is there any other way to confirm for full access?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

@maximum_gato   Ahh...yeah, think I might have misread, thanks.

@Anj1  Sorry about that but hopefully were able to use the private message link in my post or hairbag1's tel.option.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

I believe the OP means the PAT ( porting authorization text)?

@Anj1 

Assuming that @hairbag1 sent you the telus porting department phone number which will help you reinitiate the PAT you will still need to authorize it. Do so by immediately calling your provider after requesting your phone # to be ported and authorize it verbally after verifying you are the account holder.

Who is your old provider?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Anj1 

check the little envelop icon on top right side of page ..I sent you a number that might be able to help with your porting problem.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Anj1   If you click Resend Code, then you should get an option to receive the code via email instead, although some have mentioned that option doesn't appear for them. 

Clear your browser cache or use incognito/private and try Resend option, otherwise you'll need to send a private message to CS_Agent since the chatbot has not been operating properly either.  Here's a link for a private message:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.