cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN & USA

Babyhope
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What does it mean $55 for 90-days subscription?

18 REPLIES 18

PeterFairley

Thank you

@PeterFairley   It's not automatic but you should be able to set it up to change to that plan on renewal (don't choose change now or it will replace your current plan with no pro-rating for what was left of it).   Just go to change subscription in your account and see if that new version shows up, if it does then select it being careful to select the right option (change on renewal not change now).  Just to clarify, you can change a 90 day plan to another 90 day plan, I've been doing it for months now and in one case it was the same plan specs but at a lower $ amount.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PeterFairley wrote:

In December I signed up for 90 days at $180. When it renews automatically in March, will I be charged the new $165 price -- assuming that deal is still available? 

When you switch plans, you are prompted to "change plan now" or "change plan on renewal". Once you commit, you've got the plan even if you chose the renewal option and your billing cycle doesn't end for 89 more days and the plan is taken offline during that time. (At least that's how it worked a couple years ago when I did it for a referral's account, the decision was made on the last day before the promo got taken down and the next renewal was still over two months away but we still got it.)

Your 90-day $180 plan is not the same as the 90-day $165 plan. Well, it is technically the same plan. But it is not the different price on the same plan. You will have to manually switch plans if you want the lower price. Public Mobile will not automatically do it for you. Or maybe they will if you ask them really nicely, maybe, though I doubt it.

You may not be able to select the 90-day plan if you already have the 90-day plan. But I think you can switch to the 30-day version then (during the 30-day cycle) switch to the 90-day version. Or maybe play it safe and switch to some other intermediate 30-day plan instead (though it seems to me that if you can go from 90-day to 30-day on the same plan then you should be able to go the other way as well). All you have to do is login Self-Serve, click "Subscription", and click "Change Subscription" to see what options the system will give you. If the option is there then you just have to click it, if the option isn't there then you have nothing to click on. (And you will get other prompts to confirm your choice, you won't inadvertently switch or lose plans just by looking at your options.)

Screenshot (99).png

PeterFairley

In December I signed up for 90 days at $180. When it renews automatically in March, will I be charged the new $165 price -- assuming that deal is still available? 

@Korth_   An screenshot of the old plan was posted earlier in the thread so you probably saw that - I mentioned earlier in the thread yesterday that it was now $55 x 3 so it was there at least by then but I don't know exactly when it happened, maybe after the maintenance earlier in the week?  Makes it quite a good deal for anyone who goes to the US often (and has a VoLTE phone lol!).

Korth_

@Phil_Adelphus 

I don't know if I made a mistake or if Public Mobile changed the price overnight.

Either way, I was wrong and you are correct.

@Korth_   ". It costs $180 prepaid if you choose the 90-day version"

The 90 day plan is $165, it's $55 a "month" not the $60 per month it was until this week.  Screenshot taken a couple of minutes ago.  The image @BKNS27  posted was the previous pricing.

IMG_2125.jpeg

Korth_

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Babyhope wrote:

Thank you. 

Yes, I was talking about this Plan. I'm not quite sure if the plan is $65/mon after the 90 days. 

Just another question for clarification:

So, what happens after the 90 days?  does the price go back to $65 or 5 dollar credit will continue every month (as long as I stick with the plan)?

Please disregard any concepts about credits when it comes to this plan. There are no credits. The 90-day plan is simply a different plan than the 30-day plan.

This is the correct answer.

There are basically two versions of the same plan which are effectively treated as different plans. The plan costs $65 prepaid if you choose the 30-day version (which works out to $195 every 90 days). It costs $180 prepaid if you choose the 90-day version (which works out to $60 every 30 days). It's better to think about the plan in terms of "how much you pay for each billing cycle", not in needlessly convoluted terms of debits and credits.

Whichever version you choose will automatically be the one which renews every (30-day or 90-day) cycle from that point onwards, unless you choose to change your plan (in Self-Serve) during that time period. You must purchase Payment Vouchers or set up AutoPay (with a valid credit card) to make your payment each time the plan renews (ie: $65 every 30-days or $180 every 90-days).

Note that "30-days" and "90-days" are not the same thing as "1 month" and "3 months", even though people often say "months" here for convenience.  But only four months of the year have 30 days each so eight months will have a billing date (a credit card charge) on a different day of the month.

And note that whether you have AutoPay set up or not, you will get SMS notifications from 611 to remind you three days before payment is due.

@Babyhope wrote:

Thank you. 

Yes, I was talking about this Plan. I'm not quite sure if the plan is $65/mon after the 90 days. 

So, what happens after the 90 days?  does the price go back to $65 or 5 dollar credit will continue every month (as long as I stick with the plan)?

Please disregard any concepts about credits when it comes to this plan. There are no credits. The 90-day plan is simply a different plan than the 30-day plan.

@Babyhope  The plan is $55 x 3 giving $165 for 90 days.  At the end of 90 days it renews to the same amount unless you change to another plan.  There is no credit that is refunded to you, it's just discounted by $10 a month for the 90 days and you pay $165 at each 90 day renewal.

Babyhope

Thank you. 

@BKNS27   Your picture shows the previous Canada/US plan, the current one is $55 for 90 days.  I've been on 90 day plans for the past three cycles and there is no credit involved as already noted, you would pay $165 up front with the 180GB data also up front to last the 90 days. 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Babyhope 

Are you referring to this Canada/USA promo plan?

IMG_0175.png

If so, it works out to $60/month but you pay for the full 90 days upfront so it will be $190 and you will get a $5 credit at the beginning of your renewal date (30 days). So first payment will be ($65x3)=$195-$5=$190. Second month a $5 credit, third month another $5 credit.

The price will not change unless you switch plan.
Correct me if this is not the plan you are referring to but the calculation will stay the same.

Unfortunately, none of that is correct.  The customer's plan is actually $165 for the 90 days. There are no credits involved for 90-day plans. The example that you gave isn't how 90-day plans work.

@Babyhope 

Are you referring to this Canada/USA promo plan?

IMG_0175.png

If so, it works out to $60/month but you pay for the full 90 days upfront so it will be $190 and you will get a $5 credit at the beginning of your renewal date (30 days). So first payment will be ($65x3)=$195-$5=$190. Second month a $5 credit, third month another $5 credit.

The price will not change unless you switch plan.
Correct me if this is not the plan you are referring to but the calculation will stay the same.

Korth_

90-day plans just multiply 30-day plans by three.

Three "months" of subscription cost all at once. Three "months" worth of provisions (like mobile data) renewed all at once. Three "months" of Points or Rewards all at once.

In practice, the 90-day option means you have to prepay a bigger lump sum all at once, you get a little discount (you pay $2 or $5 or $10 less each "month"), and you get more flexibility with your 90-day data bucket (you could, for example, use little or no data for 2½ months then consume all three "months" of data during a 2-week vacation, etc).

When a 30-day or 90-day plan billing cycle ends, it renews (starts a new 30-day or 90-day prepaid billing cycle) automatically. The cost of the plan is deducted first from any Available Funds deposited into the account balance then whatever remains is charged to your credit card (if you have AutoPay set up and you've submitted a valid credit card number). If there are insufficient funds and the credit card charge is declined, the plan will get suspended ("Expired"). A plan will remain suspended for 90 days before it is automatically terminated (closed forever). There are no costs or penalties for allowing your plan to get suspended (from non-payment) and there are no costs or penalties for reactivating your plan (with payment), and you don't "owe" any payment for the days of suspension, you simply do not have working phone service and you do not collect any Points or Rewards during those days.

@Babyhope wrote:

Thank you. 

However, what happens after 90 days has passed? It the price go back to 65$?

Your plan price isn't $55 or $65.  It's $165 per 90 days. The price will stay at $165 per 90 days for each renewal.

Babyhope

Thank you. 

However, what happens after 90 days has passed? It the price go back to 65$?

golfball

It means if you pay for 90 days upfront then it costs $165 (equal to $55 per 30 days) instead of paying $65 each month which would add up to $195 over 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.