cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying US Roaming Data

kubotabc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ive bought many US roaming packages and data. Today however, only the 250MB option is available. Sometimes it’s 500MB max, others times a 1GB is available in the menu.

ive changed my region… not sure what else. 

16 REPLIES 16

altaflyer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. Will do that in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@altaflyer : I frankly don't have a problem with the buying of the other add-ons after the 240 hours. I think it's ridiculous to have to wait or to ask the CSA's. So it's another 5 bucks for the next round. You're on vacation...what's another 5 bucks. Then go back to the 3 piece bundle after that expires.

Keep track of the time you bought or buy them at the top of whatever hour. Obviously the feature will stop at 240 hours. But at least you'd have some awareness for it.

And yes this quirk shouldn't exist but here we are.

HI @altaflyer 

to contact PM CS Agent:

Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

altaflyer

Yes that is what happened. How do I contact CSA for purchase in the future?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@altaflyer : Yes I understand. It's a quirk of the system. All roaming add-ons work for exactly 240 hours. It's then known to have to wait a period of time to be able to re-buy the _same_ named add-on. While the named add-on is still active you can't see it to re-buy it until that other period of time. It's also a problem to stack talk (and maybe text) add-ons while one is still active.

What you noticed, and I thought I did too last year, was the same named add-on showed up again after buying another add-on without the waiting period.

If you bought the bundle, then you can buy the other bundle or an individual feature at any time. But don't do that with talk and likely text. Instead of waiting out that period of time to see the same one again you can buy those other add-ons after the expiration.

Or also you can ask the CSA's to re-buy whatever add-on at any time.

altaflyer

Thanks for the info, however the combo package for talk/text/250MB for $20.00 did not show previously.

Now in order to add 250MB I would have to purchase a separate $10.00 package of data thus costing a total of $25.00 vs the $20.00 for the combo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@altaflyer : The same way you bought the talk/text add-on. The headings of the columns of types of add-ons are at the top of the blue box. Select which quantity of data you want. Make sure to look for the US roaming wording.

altaflyer

How do I purchase the US Roaming data option

Anonymous
Not applicable

@altaflyer : lol I thought I might have had a similar experience and I wasn't sure what to make of it as i wasn't looking for that. You can buy any of the individual data buckets.

altaflyer

When purchasing US roaming add on Data option not showing so purchased talk text for 15.00.

After purchasing Talk Text Data option for $20:00 now shows.

How do I get the data added?

kubotabc

That makes sense with my experience… thank you! 

kubotabc
Spoiler
Spoiler

Good to know!! That makes sense… weird glitch… but does make sense with my experience 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kubotabc : Not sure how the above helps you. You did say you've bought many roaming add-ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kubotabc 

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit U.S. and then Purchase it,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

Follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’,
  5. after purchase successful you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

review of Add-ons visit Here link...

make sure enable roaming on,
Try manually selecting either of  AT&T or T-Mobile, whichever works best for you,
for Re-Purchase Add-ons you need to wait 25 hours after the expiry first Purchase Add-ons or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentto do it for you...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kubotabc : Changing region won't help. Re-buying the _same_ add-on needs to wait after it has expired and up to 24 hours after. This is a weird thing in this system. Or you can ask the CSA's to re-buy it for you earlier.

The 240 hours of the add-on is solid on the time from when you bought it. You can technically buy multiple talk or text add-ons but they won't work. You can buy the other talk or text add-on before the weird 24 hour waiting period...but after the 240 hours.

So say you bought one of the bundles. 240 hours passes and they stop working. You can buy say the single talk add-on and it will work.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you waiting until the 10 day has lapsed ?

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

• 10 days (or 240 hours) after you purchase a U.S. Roaming Add-On, it will automatically expire. For example, if you purchase the Add-on on January 1st at 12:00 PM, it will automatically expire on January 11th at 11:59 AM.
  • If you want to purchase two of the same U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, you will have to wait for the first 10-day period to expire before buying the second, or you can contact a Customer Support Agent .
Need Help? Let's chat.