cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought data add-on not working

publicisnotgood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I bought a 1GB data add-on. My usage on my account clearly shows that only a third of it has been used up and yet I can no longer access this data. It feels like there is no one that I can ask about this. I've been with Public for about 8 months and now I'm wondering if the price is worth the lack of customer service.  Quite frustrated. Any advice? Thank you.

Maggie

8 REPLIES 8

publicisnotgood

@esjliv Thank you for your advice. I tried everything you suggested. It is definitely a PM problem and not my phone problem.  It's odd to me that the data I ran out of data for my monthly plan and my data add-on stopped working. Then when my plan rolled over to the next month, I was able to use the data with my plan. But no that the data with my plan has expired, my 453mb of add-on data cannot be used. Argh!

publicisnotgood

@hTideGnow Thank you for your ideas. I went back and clicked not a solution. I know how to disable data on individual apps and I have tried using data with a variety of apps but to no avail. I just tried the network reset that you mentioned but it didn't seem to help.

It's interesting that when my plan rolled over I was able to use data again and could use data until the monthly data was used up. After that, it will not use my data add on which shows I still have have 453 mb left. Hmmm...

I tried my SIM card in another phone and the data is still unaccessable.

HI @publicisnotgood   Just go back to that reply and click Not a solution

With yours on iPhone, it does not have the way to say data if it reached a limit .  But it does have an option to just disable data used on selected apps.  Did you try different apps to make sure if you can access data ? 

Or you can try to click Reset network settings and also try to update the Carrier profile.  Try that

And,  best way to test if data is working is to try using another phone with your sim card.  That would tell you it is not your device

publicisnotgood

Thank you for this. I think I accidentally accepted it as a solution....oops. I have an iphone. I don't see where I have a data limit. I used to be on an unlimited plan with telus so there shouldn't be a limit on my phone. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@publicisnotgood 

if want to contact support team by private message CS_Agent 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Timer i think you may have misread OP's post.

@publicisnotgood  try restarting your phone, or toggling into/out of airplane mode, or perform a reset of your network settings on your device.

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

You could also try your SIM into another phone to see if data works. This may point to what @hTideGnow mentioned, data limit set on your device.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@publicisnotgood 

tried use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page  and check it out the add-one in your account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @publicisnotgood   are you an Android user?

check if your phone has a mobile data limit set.  if so, disable it.  Also, the mobile data limit has a start day for each month, it won't work correctly as PM is on 30 days cycle and the phone counter is monthly.  

Need Help? Let's chat.