cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought 3 gigs of data can not access it

Molly_06
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought 3 gigs of data and have the receipt showing the payment went through. The data is on my overview page but my phone still shows no data available! I have used the chat bot and done what it suggested, which was toggle air plain mode on and off and shut down my phone wait then turn on again… nothing changed. Please help!

10 REPLIES 10

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Molly_06 

Consider this:

You paid $25 about 2 weeks ago+$30/3gb of data that will expire in 30 days. In 2 weeks you will renew for $25. At which time your plan data will be used however you can't use the rest of your add on until your 1gb of plan data is used. If you do use it then you would still have to use the rest of 3gb data add on up before expiry which is halfway thru your next cycle leaving you out of data for the latter half of your next 30 day çycle. This will cost you $25+$30+$25=$80. 

If you choose to renew early on the $34/20gb plan you get 20gb of data for the next 30 days  until you renew again costing. $25+$34=$59. Two weeks of less service but you would be out of data anyways if you stay on the $25/1gb plan. You save $21 and get a lot more data.... make sense? Get the CSA to remove the roaming data add ons and credit your account. Then change plans....plus you will get your rewards credited within 48 hours too!

Molly_06

Oh and it renews around the 20th or something 

Molly_06

It is the $25 plan I had extra so I bought the 3 gigs but didn’t read it properly 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Molly_06 

What is your current plan and when is your renewal date ?

Molly_06

Checked and everything seemed like it was proper 

Molly_06

Thank you, I messaged hopefully it works 

Molly_06

I accidentally bought roaming data and have to see if I can get it changed 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Molly_06 

Do you have a "5G" plan? If so your data add ons won't work. Ask customer support for a credit and removal of the data add ons. What plan do you have? You likely would be better off with an early renewal or plan upgrade than the data add ons that expire 30 days hence.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is the day counter for 15 days or 30? If 15 then you bought the roaming data. Support can switch it for you.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Molly_06 

Check your apn settings:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

Edit: Also try resetting your network settings and reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.