cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought 2 SIM cards (bought 1 May 31, then deal came June 1) now having activation problems

miezzi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

As mentioned above, I am a new cutomer and purchased my first SIM card online May 31.  The next day they had the 1 days sale for 5GB, so it was worth it for me to buy a second one with the intention to activate that one.  I bought both using the same email address.  When I went to activate the SIM card with the 5GB promo, it says my email address is already being used.  So it must be linked to the first SIM card I purchased but did not activate.  In order to get the 5GB promo I have to use the same email address I purchased it with, but it will not let me.  What can I do about this?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

miezzi

@RossN had the great idea of using incognito mode and it worked!! It allowed me to use the right email address!! Hopefully the free 5GB will show in my account in a few days!!!  Give it a try!

miezzi

Ross it worked!!! Well I could use the right email address anyways, whether my promo works that will be another story!! lol Thank you for thinking!!! much appreciated!! 

Mir

@moamin1989 wrote:

I messaged them regarding this on Thursayday still no response. I think they are busy.

@moamin1989  As long as you have the email then you might also want to send a copy of the email to the mod team. Are you sure you haven't used that email to sign-up with Public Mobile or Koodo in the past?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@miezzi I was thinking ( Couuld be dangerous ha ha) did you try clearing your cache on your browser or better yet using ingognito mode to try and register your account? it may work

moamin1989

I messaged them regarding this on Thursayday still no response. I think they are busy.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

have you ever had a line with PM that used that email address?  if so that could be the reason as PM does not see to  delete old account info

moamin1989

Samething Happened to my and I messaged the Mod ( Moderator_Team

then as long as you did not activate the first sim as you say ,there should be no problem with the modereators honouring it ,there just may be a wait for assistance as stated above ,I would also at least ask them if the first sim is still good in case you wanted to use it for a friend or family member

miezzi

That is correct.  After I purchased it I received an email that stated to recieve the promo you must sign up using the same email address you purchased it with. 

when you bought the 2nd sim on june 1st online , did you recieve an email saying you where elegible for the 5 gig add on as long as you use this email?

miezzi

Thank you, that link is helpful!!! 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@miezzi wrote:

Hi,

As mentioned above, I am a new cutomer and purchased my first SIM card online May 31.  The next day they had the 1 days sale for 5GB, so it was worth it for me to buy a second one with the intention to activate that one.  I bought both using the same email address.  When I went to activate the SIM card with the 5GB promo, it says my email address is already being used.  So it must be linked to the first SIM card I purchased but did not activate.  In order to get the 5GB promo I have to use the same email address I purchased it with, but it will not let me.  What can I do about this?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Hum...I don't if something can be done...but you can reach the moderator here and ask..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 but be patient waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.