cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking certain SMS numbers?

PaulH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been receiving SMS spam from a number based in the UK.  The message is "xxxxx is your Messenger code to verify your phone number".  I have not requested any "messenger code".  Is there a way to block SMS messages from this number?

Thanks

Paul

5 REPLIES 5

PaulH

I use the standard Android messenger too, an I found the blocking option as described above.  That should do the trick 🙂  Yeah, OnePlus provides some of their own apps that are near duplicates of the standard Android apps (messenger, file manager, calcualtor, etc.)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PaulH, I am not familiar with the one plus messenger app. I use Google messenger.  In the settings, the option to block is right there.  It's not the carrier's duty to block numbers.  

@PaulH wrote:

Oops, I forgot the details.  🙂 I have a OnePlus 6 running Android 9, with the OnePlus OxygenOS 9.0.  For fun, I use Microsoft's Next lock screen and Launcher.

@PaulHPretty sure this is the instructions for your phone

Go into your phone / messeges app, click the 3 dots in the corner, click settings / menu, then click blocked number and add the phone number you are getting the sms from

Or you should right in the messenger app long press on the contact and click block number.

Or if for some reason your missing the "block" options you can long press and go to notifications and remove notifications / vibrate / sound options for that caller.

Let me know if that works for you

PaulH

Oops, I forgot the details.  🙂 I have a OnePlus 6 running Android 9, with the OnePlus OxygenOS 9.0.  For fun, I use Microsoft's Next lock screen and Launcher.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@PaulH wrote:

I've been receiving SMS spam from a number based in the UK.  The message is "xxxxx is your Messenger code to verify your phone number".  I have not requested any "messenger code".  Is there a way to block SMS messages from this number?

Thanks

Paul

Yes, on your phone direclty. It's very easy. What model phone / operating system version do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.