cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked Call by Phone

subett1966
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My phone has been blocking calls from my contacts.  Particularly the ones with a landline.  These are friends of mine and family members.

When they call me, they are automatically blocked and it goes to voicemail.

I have deleted their number and then added it back in and re started the phone.  It is very frustrating because it may be an emergency and these people can not get a hold of me because their number has been blocked by phone.

Sarah 

14 REPLIES 14

HI @sandalwood   what happens if you test your PM sim in another phone?  you get the same thing or calls are not coming through?

sandalwood

My phone is doing the same. Using a older Iphone6 with the latest security patch. Blocks calls from my contacts. sometimes my wife will call 5 times and it will finally ring. This started for me several weeks ago. No phone setting changes and not on do not disturb. Other non favorites or random calls come through. Any ideas ? 

@subett1966 wrote:

Thanks, I did that, and they said they are unable to help me because it may be my phone.  They can not assist.

I don't much like CSA's answer if you tried your sim inside another phone and it still happens @subett1966 . Did you tell them you tried your sim in another phone? If not, go back to that ticket and tell them it still happens.

Do you have DO NOT DISTURB ON??

@subett1966 wrote:

Hello, 

I tried the sim in another phone.  It still is happening.  Yes, when I am in another area and they have called me from a landline, the calls automatically go to voicemail.

I have a samsung zflip 3 phone

@subett1966   if you tried on another phone and same, it is not a device issue

But since last month, they were not able to call you at all? Zero?  or at least once or twice?  did you try that when you are in different area?  

subett1966

Thanks, I did that, and they said they are unable to help me because it may be my phone.  They can not assist.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@subett1966 hi if above the suggestions are not working for you , you will need to open a ticket,to contact  a customer service agent     Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

subett1966

These callers were able to call me a month ago without issues, and now they are blocked by phone.  They are my family members.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@subett1966 wrote:

Hello,

My phone has been blocking calls from my contacts.  Particularly the ones with a landline.  These are friends of mine and family members.

When they call me, they are automatically blocked and it goes to voicemail.

I have deleted their number and then added it back in and re started the phone.  It is very frustrating because it may be an emergency and these people can not get a hold of me because their number has been blocked by phone.

Sarah 

OP said the already deleted and readded @hTideFnow .

Some other good suggestions to try by others @subett1966 .These callers used to be able to call you? If the sim card does the same thing in another compatible phone then submit a ticket with CSA. I recall at least one other regular member having an issue with incoming from particular callers.

subett1966

I did this already

subett1966

Hello, 

I tried the sim in another phone.  It still is happening.  Yes, when I am in another area and they have called me from a landline, the calls automatically go to voicemail.

I have a samsung zflip 3 phone

hTideFnow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@subett1966 

it is not locked, you only want to choose the network manually to 3G and reboot phone,
or delete number and re-add

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If they block their phone number YOUR phone might have set to block 'unknown callers'. Check your phone's setting.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @subett1966   So, other calls gone through?

So, Call blocking like this usually on the phone itself.  You really need to try using your PM sim card  in another phone and check if the same thing happen.  If not, we can confirm it is a problem on your phone and not the service

And you tried in another area and calls still get routed to voicemail?

Finally, what phone do you have? we can find you specific instructions on how to check if those numbers were blocked

Need Help? Let's chat.