cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in

adainard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unable to sign in to self serve (no longer have access to the email that the account was created under). 2FA tries to email.. and texting code / using PIN is not an option provided. 
Unable to make a payment (uncertain why, as the CC on file should be valid and has available balance).  
Unable to switch email accounts, as I can't sign in. 
Attempted to open a ticket, however,

12 REPLIES 12

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@adainard, @Akashdeepchauha , @haipham48741 

You all have options to get your services working without support. The email address is just a login id. I don't understand why some users just immediately jump to sending you off to the support people. There are good regulars that do that and there are not so good regulars. They're both the same effect.

You can use 611 or 1-855-4pu-blic along with your 4 digit account pin to make a payment with your credit card. Or buy vouchers online or in many stores and dial those numbers.
Or you can use the real time payment method in some stores.
You can even use the chatbot by signing in and managing your account in there making payments with the card or entering vouchers. It's clumsy but it should work.

The above options of course depend on where you are. ie. in Canada or not.

Then when your services are working you can take your time to get the email address on the account changed.

@adainard   Yes, only PM Support can help with changing the email address.  since you have trouble using the ticket system to open ticket, just message them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

haipham48741
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ive tried that already, i sent 3 so far

@Akashdeepchauha wrote:

It's common now, I am abroad and not receiving one time password on my email so I can't top-up my

@Akashdeepchauha  make sure you top up before 90 days after the first day of account suspension.

So, you cannot receive the code because you cannot access email?  

do you have a credit card setup on the system already? do you have the 4 digits pin?  you can call 1-855-4PUBLIC using VoIP and then top up that way with the 4 digits pin

Alternate way is to get a temporary email address that you have access, then open ticket with PM Support and ask them to change the login email address to the new one.  You can open ticket using the method I posted above

@haipham48741 @adainard 

message them again if it has been over 4 hours 

haipham48741

i agree, because since it is public mobile, i wish they could send a code even if you have no service. makes it so much more difficult especially when my email isn't up to date 

haipham48741

i have the same problem. the verification can only be done through my email and i can't receive the code either. i tried submitting tickets yesterday but unfortunately haven't gotten any reply yetttt :((

adainard

Really silly that they don't allow 2FA via account PIN code, or SMS text message to yrou mobile (even if there's no service, they should still be able to push a notification as the device is on their network). 

Akashdeepchauha

It's common now, I am abroad and not receiving one time password on my email so I can't top-up my account. 

adainard

Just submitted a request to CS Agent.  
I know the password for the account, however, the 2FA option is only Email which I can't receive. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@adainard   Yes, you cannot switch email yourself.  Did you try to reset password and see if you get the email?

If that doesn't work, Please open ticket with PM support and they will help

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Private message to the CS Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

adainard

Unable to sign in to self serve (no longer have access to the email that the account was created under). 2FA tries to email.. and texting code / using PIN is not an option provided. 
Unable to make a payment (uncertain why, as the CC on file should be valid and has available balance).  
Unable to switch email accounts, as I can't sign in. 
Attempted to open a ticket, however, the ticket seems to not be submitted.  

Need Help? Let's chat.