cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block voicemails

Lynne
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello I need to be able to not get voicemails from one number I have a restraining order on this person and could call the cops for then to deal with it but I’m not looking to ruin this persons life but they are filling my voicemail every day and so I would like to just block them so it will stop with out the police. If anyone knows of a way to do this I would love to know please I have had my number for to long to change it now 

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 great suggestions, I didn't realize you could do that through an app.  Very good to know.  

There are also similar downloadable apps for iOS.  I'm sure that users of Apple devices would know of some for that operating system.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 great suggestions, I didn't realize you could do that through an app.  Very good to know.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Setting a phone to block calls will prevent the phone from ringing, but as you already know, doesn't prevent someone from leaving a message.

Some carriers do offer blocking and screening services, but unfortunately, Public Mobile does not.

The are apps that can be used to prevent someone from leaving you a voicemail message.  These apps working by answer the phone quickly and then just hanging up on the person. For this to work, there has a to be a caller id number match.  The app will store a list of phone numbers you wish it to do this for when that person calls.  It won't work if the person calls from a different number or blocks the number from displaying.  Unfortuantely, the phone will sitll ring once or for a second or two before the app kicks in and disconnects the call.

I believe TrueCaller and and app called No Spam No Voicemail (Android Play Store apps) would accomplish this.  You'll probably have to try a few different ones as some work better than others.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Lynne wrote:

Hello I need to be able to not get voicemails from one number I have a restraining order on this person and could call the cops for then to deal with it but I’m not looking to ruin this persons life but they are filling my voicemail every day and so I would like to just block them so it will stop with out the police. If anyone knows of a way to do this I would love to know please I have had my number for to long to change it now 

Thanks 

@LynneI am sorry for what you are going through. It's none of my business, but it sounds like you went out of your way to make a restraining order for a reason. While you may not want to ruin their life, they are ruining yours in one way or another, even if just a little with inconvenience. Do not feel guilty. Do not feel bad. They are the bad ones. You would not be ruining their lives, they are ruining there own. "I shot someone, it was the guns fault not mine" Why should you change your number, and why would that even stop them from pursuing you one way or another? Clearly this person did not get the memo and if you block them from leaving voicemail / change number they make look for other methods of contact or do even worse things.

One thing I have learned in my life is when you give an inch, they take a mile. Letting them get away with this is an inch. If the restraining order was not enough to stop them, then why will this be the end?

If it was me, I would call the police, while you still have proof that is left on your voicemail and before things could get a lot worse. Hindsight can often be avoided by taking a step back and really thinking about what is happening and almost every situation there was warning signs. They may even think because you have not called the police they are getting close to getting back in your life and they can fix things and have a big plan. The threat of violating a restraining order doesn't scare them? Then find something that will. Call the police.

Lynne
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This person is blocked but it does not block voicemails 😞 

dollardaver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a way you can block calls from this person by changing the settings on your phone? For example, if you have an iphone, you can go to your contact and select "Block this Caller"

Good luck.

DD

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lynne I'm sorry to hear of your situation.  Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to prevent a specific caller from leaving you voicemail messages.  You could prevent all callers from leaving you voicemail messages using this workaround https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl... , but I know that's not really what you're looking for.  Hopefully I'm wrong and someone else will provide a better idea!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.