cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny thing.... received a voice message from Kudo...

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've been getting the text messages with Kudo offers for a bit which is cool, interesting that I also received  a voice message from someone thanking me for being a loyal customer and then offering me a special deal from Kudo.

Have not had time to call back yet but I heard discounts and bonus data in the message.

I'm feelin a bit of non-love coming my way from PM Smiley Sad

28 REPLIES 28

@Balanceman wrote:

Yup, lots of people have shared that they have received a text message or a call from Koodo.  I pesonally think that people who have referred others to Public Mobile have been targetted as they are benefitting from the referral bonus.

Post-paid customers have more value than pre-paid as post-paid services expire (whereas most prepaid do not).  And post-paid has more or less a guaranteed income stream.

Some pre-paid services do expire (in terms of phone service). If you do not pay your phone bill (prepaid). Your service stops working until you pay it. With Post paid, you could go mabye an extra month without paying, your bill will just be higher and you might see a small interest charge too. There is no doubt that postpaid generates more than prepaid. I've never had issues with postpaid because I never went over on my data usage, and I always paid on time

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yup, lots of people have shared that they have received a text message or a call from Koodo.  I pesonally think that people who have referred others to Public Mobile have been targetted as they are benefitting from the referral bonus.

Post-paid customers have more value than pre-paid as post-paid services expire (whereas most prepaid do not).  And post-paid has more or less a guaranteed income stream.

Unless Koodo starts offering better plans, I would continue to stick with Public Mobile.

Michael77

@TheOldVR,

Apparently, Koodo uses telemarketers.  So you may have received a call from one of them?

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheOldVR Ok I'll bite, if he is taking referrals then I'm interested in chatting with him too. Thanks 🙂

Best check all the "fine" print on great deals. Even Zoomer's are 2 year commitments.

My analysis of phone offers always starts from the lowest offer for the plan I need plus outright purchase of a phone. It's rare that a 2 year plan plus discounted phone is significantly less than that baseline.

Happy hunting.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Michael77

@TheOldVR, no problem.  Thanks.

TheOldVR

@Michael77I'm happy to ask the dude if anyone wants to talk to him.

Not sure that everyone will get the same offer as me though - or if he is allowed to take referrals.

Might take till tomorrow to get a hold of him....

Raven_Jet
Lol, interesting

Michael77

@TheOldVR, Are you allowed to refer the phone number?  

TheOldVR

@Michael77.... Yes, please don't ask exactly what it is/was.

BigDog87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

One of these days I hope to be lucky enough to get this offer.

I want to switch over to Koodo and get a G6 on tab 😞 

Michael77

@TheOldVR, Was it a good deal?

Raven_Jet
Wait so we are all getting offered different deals?

TheOldVR

@Michael77 I was offered a different deal.....

Michael77

@TheOldVR,

I have absolutely no problem with Koodo calling me. I just hope they can offer me the right deal. I did receive the text message for the $50/5gig plan but it is too expensive.  I know some other people on PM who would also make the switch for the right deal.   

denkom

@TheOldVR Now you have me curious as to what they offered you....lol. But my PM renewal date was today....so I just paid for 90 days.

Raven_Jet
Good choice!

TheOldVR

@denkom I could just refer you to the dude....

TheOldVR

@Raven_Jet wrote:
Would you move for $50/4gb deal?

@Raven_Jet@ - No, would not even give it a second of consideration @ $50/4gb.

I get what's going on now though.

PM provides Koodo with list of leads based on our renewal dates with PM. So in my case the dude knew that my renewal is within the next couple of weeks and if I moved now that he would keep any remaining credit I had.

So - PM becomes a hunting maching for Koodo.... reel-em in with PM and then slide them over to Koodo. Actually a very good plan.

To extend the thought... anyone signing up on the <insert descriptive word here> 3G plans will get a call from Koodo at renewal time to move on over to LTE service for a great deal.

again, well played!

(BTW - I'm not complaining or trying to fault Telus/Koodo/PM for this.....)

denkom

@TheOldVR But if all they are offering is a plan for $50 then I'm not really interested... plus I haven't received a text or call from them yet anyway.

denkom

@Raven_Jet Nope lol. $40 is my limit hahaha. After YEARS of overpaying for phone plans (with Rogers) I am going to stick to my guns on this. Right now I am paying less than $40 per month but only for 6gb/90 days. I would love a bit more data though....

Raven_Jet
Would you move for $50/4gb deal?

TheOldVR

@denkom wrote:

Same. I'd likely move for a $40/4gb deal 😄

@denkom.... apparently I'm not supposed to talk about the offer but you should probably talk to Koodo.

I just got off the phone with them and admittedly I am thinking about the switch even if it does cost more.

The free phones are only the basic ones btw....

denkom

Same. I'd likely move for a $40/4gb deal 😄

Michael77

I agree. For me, the $50 text message offer from Koodo is too expensive.  But if I got the right deal I would move to Koodo.    

I am really curious to see where is this leading to?. If they are really desperate for us to change they they really need to work on their deals, they are nit that attractive ... Yet.

TheOldVR

Update - tried calling back but no answer and no voicemail.

Also - apparently I can pick "any" phone for free?

Sounds wait too good to be true, not to mention that my rates will probably go up by $20 a month minimum.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Telus must really want some PM customers switching to Koodo

Need Help? Let's chat.