cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklist

Hollywoodxx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone explain why this company blacklisted my phone when it was bought brand new by my family member? I want this fixed and them to immediately remove there mistake but this has been going on for months and they keep avoiding it 

14 REPLIES 14

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe it's just Cloud locked?  Make sure that your sister didn't just mistakenly remove it from her iCloud account by  lost or stolen.

@Boki 

Are we getting the whole story from the OP?

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AK32 wrote:

Blacklisting is usually done by the phone company (Apple) and not the carrier. Someone reported that phone as stolen. You will need to bring the phone into an Apple store with the receipt/proof of purchase and they should be able to remove the blacklisted status.

There is NO way apple to blacklist legitimately purchased its own phone. What would be the reason??? To black list it somebody has to privide imei and how to do that if phone is shrink wrapped and box never opened???

Hence I believe OP obtained phone from 3rd party as 'slightly used' or kijiji and now pays for the low price paid...

@AK32  You may be thinking of a carrier locked phone whereas this one is said to be blacklisted somehow.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

it is true carrier can remove the imei from blacklist, tried and I can confirm

AK32

but i dont believe the carrier can remove the blacklist or help the customer?  to my knowledge, they will have to go through Apple to get it removed

@Hollywoodxx 

Your sister will need to straighten this up at the Apple Genius store. Some how it was reported stolen or lost.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AK32 

actually the other way around, usually it is the carrier add the IMEI to the blacklist

AK32

Blacklisting is usually done by the phone company (Apple) and not the carrier. Someone reported that phone as stolen. You will need to bring the phone into an Apple store with the receipt/proof of purchase and they should be able to remove the blacklisted status.

@Hollywoodxx , if the phone was bought from Apple, the purchaser should be able to go to a store and have the problem clarified.  Generally, it is the original seller that take action to place a phone on the blacklist. 

Rastin

Have you tried to contact PM? Use the orange text bubble on the bottom right or the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Rastin

How do you know it's black listed? Did you get a message saying it's blacklisted or did your phone just stop working?  What model is your iPhone.

Hollywoodxx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From Apple!!! It was my sisters old phone she bought brand new she bought a new one and gave me her old one I was using it for months then all a sudden this company blacklisted it 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Hollywoodxx  Bought brand new from where?  Public Mobile doesn't sell phones.

Need Help? Let's chat.