cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Deal

jaminbarrett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for a plan on Black Friday ($35 for 20GB), which will take effect middle of this month.  My upcoming plan change shown on my account doesn't note the $20/month credit (for 15 months).  Is there a way that I can confirm that I will get the $20/month credit when the rate change takes place?

10 REPLIES 10

Aiden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looks to work for existing customers, albeit the first renewal looks odd

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-20gb-plan-35-15-months-new-existing-customers-only-plu...

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mitchnet12 For what it's worth it might be possible to reach out to the @CS_Agent . In my own experience I wanted to do something similar since my plan just renewed and I did not want to lose the whole months credit in order to benefit from the new plan.

Messaging with the CSA we were able to work out something that I was pleased with.

However, as we get closer to Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years there is a possibility of a deal that surpasses the previous ones. There was $40 for 15Gb which was pretty good, then came along $35 for 20GB, so if it's following this trend, who knows what we could end up with.

Hope things go well for you.

mitchnet12

I still see that the promo code works with scheduling a plan change. I'm interested to try doing an immediate plan change closer to my next renewal date. It doesn't make sense to switch to a different plan mid-cycle.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am  I have posted photos of me getting the deal with the immediate plan change. Someone else will need to test out the scheduled renewal to see if it works for them

Coverhiro

@jaminbarrett I reached out by messaging @CS_Agent 

You can also follow this tutorial

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Since it's just a few days into the month, it might help to explain your situation to the agent. They should be understanding and aware of what is going on. Similar thing happened to somebody in my family and they contacted an agent to sort things out.

Looks like it needs to be applied immediately to take affect. When the plan was added before the expiration date, the discount showed but reverted afterwards with just a $55 plan without the credit.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jaminbarrett , I think there was mention by Public Mobile that the discount will be applied for changes on scheduled renewal but it seems like only those who do an immediate plan change are able to get this deal as an existing customer.  To me it is not what is said but what actually happens that matter.  The thing is the announcement is not on the side of existing customers.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Change-plan-to-35-20GB/m-p/912134/highlig...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jaminbarrett 

If you recently activated here, you may be eligible for the promotion.

Make sure you fit the requirements in the release of the promotion:

Extended for Cyber Monday - Get 20GB data for only... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@jaminbarrett 

You can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

jaminbarrett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been trying to reach out to an agent, but am having a hard time doing so.  How do I reach an agent?  The bot doesn't seem to let me get through to an agent.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@jaminbarrett 

That deal was for new activations. There was nothing official for existing customers. Some customers had luck doing an immediate plan change. I have not heard of what would happen in the case of a plan renewal like yours. You can reach out to an agent to see if it will be honoured at the discounted price.

Need Help? Let's chat.