cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

nagyi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I prepaid my account for a year so that I didn't have to make monthly payments which I can't alway do because I'm travelling in countries where I can't get cell phone service or where the provider(s) don't have an agreement with Public Mobile or Telus.  I have $45 still on my account which should cover me for at least the next two months.  I got an automated text message on May 1 saying that my "card is no longer valid."  I'm not a monthly plan, I paid a year in advance and I still have at least two months of money/service left.

My question is:

Why am I cut off i.e. why can't I receive or make a call and why can't I send or receive a text message?

A secondary question would be:
Why does the system require a valid credit card when I'm not signed up for monthly payments and I pay a year in advance AND I still have at least two months worth of service left on my account?

Note:  I am annoyed enough that I'm ready to pull the plug and go without a cell phone completely.  It's the same battle with every provider and I'm tired of playing the game.  An additional stupidity is that every time I try to log on to my account or even this forum, the system stops recognising my passwords, yes both of them, and I have to reset my passwords.  Why is that?  Is the system that dumb or unreliable?  If it is, I'm pretty sure that i don't want to be associated with it.

I am now ready for the all of the flaming that I will receive because I dared to criticise Public Mobile and its services

9 REPLIES 9

@nagyi 

but you opened ticket with PM support yet?  if so, you checked your Community inbox and see if they reply?  If you have opened ticket 12+ hours and no reply, I suggest you to message them again for update

nagyi

I'm still trying to fix this issue

nagyi

I never wanted or applied for any savings... because past experience has shown that it just screws things up.  I had to start from scratch with new SIM, new account, new password, new email address and new credit card

I have $45 in my account which should be good for another three months

Well, the account seems to be closed now so I guess I lost $45 and it's "Good bye PM"

Lesson learned

I use my cell phone so little that it's probably time to go without one

nagyi

Yea... and "or something" is probably another provider.

nagyi

Tried that and it worked... until it quit again.  It;s on and off.  Completely unreliable

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@nagyi , I understand how completely frustrating this can be! I don’t trust any service to fully be bug free at all times & to never fail so any accounts / services I have I always log into my accounts (using a browser in private / incognito mode due to cashing issues some websites have) every couple of weeks using a device connected to Wi-Fi ( in any Country) to check that things look correct on my accounts along with any updates I need to do! To often auto pay fails.

Personally I always log into my account with my browsers in private /  incognito mode or I end up with the issues you have of not being able to login due to the website has cashing issues that give error’s when trying to login! Public Mobile has been aware of this issues for quite some time now!

Also, if you happen to try during the night or morning to login & are unable to, they often do maintenance over night to late morning which also means we are unable to sign into our accounts here!

Please let us know how it goes after submitting a support ticket to a CSA as per @softech suggestion. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@nagyi Do you have a Credit Card registered to the account that was used to get the monthly savings? Perhaps that is no longer valid? Have a look if you do and update it as necessary. So long as you have funds in your account they will keep taking then until there is nothing left. At that point, you either need a valid form of payment (credit card/deposit funds) or your service ends untill you pay or 3 months go by and the account is closed for good.

edited for spelling

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you're in Canada and calls and texts aren't working?

Maybe try a full power off restart.

The text may have been just a nice reminder to update your card on file.

Apparently there's a glitch in the login system where if you don't log in at least every 90 days then the credentials take a break and you need support to free it up. Or something.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nagyi 

can you login My Account?

First call 1.855.4PUBLIC and enter 1 for English and your phone number, see if it can locate your phone account

still not worry if not, there is a chance you can get it back, message PM support

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.