cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Payments

Rachel-Nicole
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I’m just wondering if I can set up the pre-authorization monthly bill payments? When I hooked my phone up today I had to use someone else’s card, I didn’t have mine on me. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Good1 wrote:

Everything seems good with me. Just hoping my autopayments go through. I am sure they will. 🙂

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward.

I recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension.

Good1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Everything seems good with me. Just hoping my autopayments go through. I am sure they will. 🙂

Rachel-Nicole

Thank you ! I got it 🙂

jdesaumarez

Not sure if PM pay's that much that much attention to software problems as this seems to crop up a lot.

I am heading off on a trip through eastern Canada, and even though I have authorized auto-pay, I used the same CC to pay for the next month to late September. Even there, the Self-Serve repeatedly kept bouncing me out of my account with the usual "oops, something went wrong.."

Miraculously however, the account shows my credit now, but never know if something more will go wrong. I printed a copy of the screen shot just so I have proof.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Rachel-NicoleI recommend everyone to top off in advance (or keep enough balance) as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension. Sometimes auto pay fails, and when it does it usually is REALLY bad for you. No service. Phone not working for days.

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward.

Not sure how common of an issue it is.  I have never had any issue with any of the autopayments.  This last update did create an issue with renewals but I would not call it a somewhat common occurrence of autopay failures

I have also never had a problem, but I have seen enough posts regarding account suspension because auto payment method failure for whatever reason that I now always suggest it. Why risk it? Pay in advance and you are guaranteed to avoid the problem. Not to mention another rare case of mods not returning messages for over a week with no phone number to call to complain you just have to wait/send another message. No thanks!!!!

@RobertQc wrote:

@Rachel-NicoleI recommend everyone to top off in advance (or keep enough balance) as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a PITA account suspension. Sometimes auto pay fails, and when it does it usually is REALLY bad for you. No service. Phone not working for days.

Not sure how common of an issue it is.  I have never had any issue with any of the autopayments.  This last update did create an issue with renewals but I would not call it a somewhat common occurrence of autopay failures

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Rachel-NicoleI recommend everyone to top off in advance (or keep enough balance) as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension. Sometimes auto pay fails, and when it does it usually is REALLY bad for you. No service. Phone not working for days.

Please note Public Mobile only accepts credit cards from Canadian and US banks, and Canadian issued VisaDebit cards.  Pre-authorized payments from your bank account are not available.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Rachel-Nicole Hi and welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Log into my account, click payment, then click manage autopay, remove auto pay then add the new method.

Please see this article below for how to re-set up autopay after you have removed it if there is difficulty.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/How-do-I-set-up-AutoPay/td-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.