cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biggest Scam Ever.

Steveo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Charged $120 for no service and no support (on email or forum) for over half a week. This doesn't include the cost of losing my number, the cost of purchasing a temporary prepaid phone, the cost of signing up with another carrier, and on goes the list.

I'll be filing a consumer complaint to the ministry. I'd advise anyone who has been ripped off to do the same.
42 REPLIES 42

Madman
Loving our 2 new promo plans!
Combined we are saving $335/year and getting 24 extra GB/year vs our previous koodo plans.
Thanks PM. You earned a very happy customer.
Don't let the unfortunate tarnish the fantastic opportunity here. Stay the course......

PeterH

Not a scam so you're on your own there. Your "list" doesn't make sense, so keep going on with it and make sure the whambulance can find you. Buying a prepaid phone, that's on you is it not? Instead of fixing the problem, you decided to move to another carrier, that's also on you.

I am a Wind customer on my other phone, and had similar issues when porting. Wind is not perfect by any means, doesn't have the coverage due to the nature of the frequency (1700/2100) and limited towers, but it does offers LD/US roaming that I need on that phone. Wait until you loose reception and it's slow to search things, you might need another ride with the whambulance.

If you had just gotten a new number with PM, which you did with Wind, you would have been on your way with excellent coverage (telus network) for a great price.

Haplo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
How did you lose your number? You're not supposed to cancel your old plan until the phone # is officially ported over. So you should still have your #?

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good bye and good luck as your signal will be gone with the Wind!

pattyking18

Good luck with your life you PM shill.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good luck with wind and their spotty indoor reception. 

Steveo
I've had enough. I stopped by Wind mobile, signed up for $40 per month for 5 gbs of data, and my line is active and working within 20 minutes.

I'll be contacting Visa to get my money back from Public Mobile.

ryankw

Definitely not a scam as others have mentioned.

I successfully ported over and have made calls/text and receive incoming calls.

Have you tried to reset your APN? can also manually select courier and reset the APN.

At first when I ported over, my signal was set to H+. After resetting my APN (N6), LTE came back :D.

Let me know if you have any trouble, I'll try my best to help you doodle your phone setting to get your phone back online.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have to echo the previous posts. Definitely not a scam,  the call quality, speed is excellent, the price is awesome, especially with the promo and rewards.   

I was fully aware that there was no real person or locations, and that did play a part in my decision process.  ie how many times had i called my last provider (other thank asking for a better deal) and that was 0.  Yes my port was successful and done in 30 minutes, so i can;t understand your frustration, once everything is sorted out you will be happy if you decide to stick it out.  

Check out the successful port threads many people have not had issues, unfortunately on the forum we hear more negative than positive, but there are many many happy customers.

Magicite

This is certainly not a scam. I signed up myself and a family member with no issues whatsoever. It is unfortunate that you have encountered some difficulties, but with a little patience everything can be resolved. The team here is overwhelmed with the popularity of this promotion, and is working hard to get to everyone.

I came into this fully aware of the support available before purchasing my plan. Get a temporary number, do not disable your old provider until the new sim is up and running. There are steps you can take to avoid disruptions. I hope you can find a resolution soon.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Keep in mind the reason why they are able to give you such a good plan is that they are trying to keep their overhead costs low.  That means they expect most things to be done self serve but their system obviously was not prepared for the influx of people because of the special promo plan.  They also only have a few mods working to get these issues fixed for new users and unfortunately it can take a while now because of this.  Hopefully someone can get to your issue today and resolve everything. I know some people last week it took about 5 days to get everything resolved. 

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can't be a scam since I'm using this promo plan. The mods are swamp with request/issues because this promo is very popular and so there's many people running into problems that requires the mods to fix. So it will take a while for them to get to everyone. 

Can you give more details about what happen?

Need Help? Let's chat.