cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best route to mayor?

nightbrad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I've been apart of the community for over one year however I really want to earn more towards my bill as this is a fantastic way to help save me and my family money each month. Any tips on how to get to mayor or top contributor? Any protips? Someone be my mentor? 🤭

21 REPLIES 21

@Ed404 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

March 2019 -  combination of offers resulting in $25 account credit for each of referrer and new customer, first 6 months at $10 discount, and a new $25 plan that included Canada-wide talk, texts, and 1GB 3g data

WOAH! Those are some sick deals!

Thank you!

Slight correction to that last offer: The 6x$10 discount was only valid at that time for $30 or higher plans. I belive that $25 plan didn't come until after.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

Not yet, but I'll figure it out. What's the best promotion Public Mobile has offered?

That's an easy one. It woild have to be one of only a select few things:

Fall Promo 2016 plan - $120 province-wide talk, unlimited texts, 12GB LTE data over 90 days

$30/30 days Canada-wide talk, texts, 2GB 3g data

March 2019 -  combination of offers resulting in $25 account credit for each of referrer and new customer, first 6 months at $10 discount, and a new $25 plan that included Canada-wide talk, texts, and 1GB 3g data

WOAH! Those are some sick deals!

Thank you!

@Ed404 wrote:

Not yet, but I'll figure it out. What's the best promotion Public Mobile has offered?

That's an easy one. It woild have to be one of only a select few things:

Fall Promo 2016 plan - $120 province-wide talk, unlimited texts, 12GB LTE data over 90 days

$30/30 days Canada-wide talk, texts, 2GB 3g data

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404Sympatico...lol. Have you signed up for deal alerts on the plans page? I suspect the next good one will be black Friday probably similar to the one from two weeks ago. Free sim card and a 30 day credit. Likely stackable with other offers.

Thanks

Ed

@Ed404Sympatico...lol. Have you signed up for deal alerts on the plans page? I suspect the next good one will be black Friday probably similar to the one from two weeks ago. Free sim card and a 30 day credit. Likely stackable with other offers.

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

@CS_Agent  It appears you missed that @Ed404 isn't a pm customer yet. However his switch is imminent and I would suspect that being a smart consumer he has joined the community to do his research before signing up and waiting for the next promo before he does so....but in a mere 24 hrs he has proved he will be a great asset to the community. I for one look forward to when does join the family and begins to reap the benefits of public mobile.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes, so many people don't do their homework, they just jump in. Then a few days later the posts start about having signed up but didn't know about referral codes, or the guy at XYZ Celular didn't ask me for a referral code, or I didn't get the second month free credit for "signing up online" when I signed up at Walmart, how can I get it etc etc etc....

AE_Collector

@darlicious It's almost like you read my mind! Smiley Surprised I can't wait for a promotion to sweeten the deal Smiley Happy

@AE_Collector I'm gonna learn everything there is before I hop on this service!

@ShawnC13 I'll admit I may be more active than I normally would be. However, I'm not one to usually burnout. I really enjoy doing this! I'm not sure if you can relate to this, but I find this as stimulating/entertaining as TV or video games.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello there!

Happy to see that you've been in the family for so long.

Here's everything that you should know about rewards: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Hope this helps.

Cheers! ;;)

@CS_Agent  It appears you missed that @Ed404 isn't a pm customer yet. However his switch is imminent and I would suspect that being a smart consumer he has joined the community to do his research before signing up and waiting for the next promo before he does so....but in a mere 24 hrs he has proved he will be a great asset to the community. I for one look forward to when does join the family and begins to reap the benefits of public mobile.

I think the mods reply was to the OP who stated they have been a part of the community for over a year

@ShawnC13  You are correct I mixed up my threads. Thank you for your diligence.

@CS_Agent  Oops my bad...I stand corrected. What would I do without @ShawnC13  keeping me on my toes!

@darlicious wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello there!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Hope this helps.

Cheers! ;;)

I think the mods reply was to the OP who stated they have been a part of the community for over a year

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yes, so many people don't do their homework, they just jump in. Then a few days later the posts start about having signed up but didn't know about referral codes, or the guy at XYZ Celular didn't ask me for a referral code, or I didn't get the second month free credit for "signing up online" when I signed up at Walmart, how can I get it etc etc etc....

AE_Collector

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello there!

Hope this helps.

Cheers! ;;)

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there!

Hope this helps.

Cheers! ;;)

@Ed404 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Well that was easy @Ed404 ! Is that your first "solution"? (At 24 hours I hope so!!)

I have been here 11 months, have been collecting community $ for 6 months now and I think I have 2 solutions! 

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  Geez if I didn't see your first post yesterday you would never know you're new to pm and the community. You certainly have the quality part down pat. The oracles better watch out you're going to give them a run for their money.

Aww thank you! Smiley EmbarassedHeart

Get ready Oracles, I'm gonna raise the bar!Smiley Surprised

lol @Ed404 , how about being happy to help people out as a start.  Then make the top level reward for the month (Non Oracle Level) than continually do that for over a year.  Then you can consider raising the bar lol.  Be around for more than a few days before mentioning raising hte bar it is a long haul.  I do wish you best of luck and that you do continue to help for the next however long you are with PM

I'm quite happy to help "lol" otherwise I wouldn't be here. Dunno what gave you that idea. The reward part this community only entices me be more active here compared to other things I do in my free time. I intend to switch to Public Mobile mainly because it will be cheaper and offer a little bit of data and on the plus side my involvement here may reduce the cost even further.

Thanks for your advice,

Ed

Yes exactly like I was to Ed, warning it gets addictive and please don't burn yourself out.  We have seen a lot of great helpers and posters go all out for quite awhile and then they just drift off.  Just keep checking in on yourself before you reach that burnout point

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Ed404

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Well that was easy @Ed404 ! Is that your first "solution"? (At 24 hours I hope so!!)

I have been here 11 months, have been collecting community $ for 6 months now and I think I have 2 solutions! 

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  Geez if I didn't see your first post yesterday you would never know you're new to pm and the community. You certainly have the quality part down pat. The oracles better watch out you're going to give them a run for their money.

lol @Ed404 , how about being happy to help people out as a start.  Then make the top level reward for the month (Non Oracle Level) than continually do that for over a year.  Then you can consider raising the bar lol.  Be around for more than a few days before mentioning raising hte bar it is a long haul.  I do wish you best of luck and that you do continue to help for the next however long you are with PM

I'm quite happy to help "lol" otherwise I wouldn't be here. Dunno what gave you that idea. The reward part this community only entices me be more active here compared to other things I do in my free time. I intend to switch to Public Mobile mainly because it will be cheaper and offer a little bit of data and on the plus side my involvement here may reduce the cost even further.

Thanks for your advice,

Ed

@Ed404 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

get the popular vote 

Ed404

@AE_Collector wrote:

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

I just started it yesterday and it's competitive to be the first one to get a solution especially with these Oracles watching the forums for any new post. I recommend you look at the community frequently and interact where applicable. You'll also want to be grammatical and consistent with formatting.

If you want to get an idea of good quality posts start looking at detailed solutions. See how Oracles respond to questions and learn from them.

Good luck becoming Mayor!

Ed

AE_Collector

Ed404

Hey,

I just started it yesterday and it's competitive to be the first one to get a solution especially with these Oracles watching the forums for any new post. I recommend you look at the community frequently and interact where applicable. You'll also want to be grammatical and consistent with formatting.

If you want to get an idea of good quality posts start looking at detailed solutions. See how Oracles respond to questions and learn from them.

Good luck becoming Mayor!

Ed

@nightbrad wrote:

Hi I've been apart of the community for over one year however I really want to earn more towards my bill as this is a fantastic way to help save me and my family money each month. Any tips on how to get to mayor or top contributor? Any protips? Someone be my mentor? 🤭

The Community ranks such as mayor and deputy mayor do not directly influence the Community reward amounts. Those ranks are rather based on a totality of your contribution levels no matter how long it takes you to get there.  After 6 months, I believe that anyone is capable of getting the Mayor title, but to receive it, you need to get to a pre-sepcified threshhold of message posstings, bravos, and solutions.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@nightbrad wrote:

#1 tip:  You have to really want to help and that is why you are here the rewards are a bonus.  If you are here just for the money you are better off to go collect cans and return them for a refund for a better return

Need Help? Let's chat.