cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Troubleshooting

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

With so many new members coming online, i thought a very brief set of troubleshooting steps would be helpful.

If you are experiencing issues with your newly activated PM service, try the following steps:

1) Make sure your phone is unlocked.  if it is, proceed...

2) Log into your account on the web and verify that your account is active.  If it is, proceed...

3) Power off phone, remove SIM card, replace after 1 minute, power on phone.

4) Check if you can make calls/use data.  If you cannot, proceed...

5) If you cannot use data, follow these instructions

a) Thanks, @jamestneutron and @sonician for thinking to include this step!

6) If you cannot call, but can use data, your issue may be a failed attempt to port over your old number

7) If it still does not work, contact a moderator.  

@Luddite posted this very informative How-To, describing what information will need to give a moderator if you encounter any issues.  Be sure to specify exactly what issue you have when you send the moderators a private message.

Hope this helps,

Neil

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This should be stickied in the knowledge base section for easy reference. 

proplayer44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They can always google ""Public Mobile APN setting"" to confirm their Data settings. 

jamestneutron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@sonician Haha, didn't see your post until after I submitted mine! Thanks for sharing the link! 

jamestneutron

I would also mention that if the sim card is active, but data is not working to refer to the data settings to make sure that the PM settings are updated on the phone! This was the main step that I had to seek help with when I activated my account Man Wink

sonician

I'd also like to recommend this page, just in case the information does not populate successfully:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

Need Help? Let's chat.