When trying to set up a new account

I get a message that says

the number is not a public mobile number

refering to the referred persons number

I would like to know how to resolve this so I can set up an account

12 REPLIES 12

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you receive texts from other people? What about calls?   I ask  because if you ported a number the port might not have completed. Does your old sim work?  That might receives SMSes.

In all Lilley hood you well need to contact mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Felicia1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I am trying to set up an account and it is suppose to send me a SMS with a six digit number to verify my phone number but nothing is sent to me. I just want to check my balance and top up

but I cannot even verify the public mobile number because I don't get the computer generated number to verify the number. What can I do?

F

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @JimBob

Welcome top Public Mobile.

If you'd like me to take a look into your account, don't hesitate to private message me your SIM card number.

Thanks 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

proplayer44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If your friend is very new to PM perhaps their phone number isn't in the system yet.  Maybe a Public Mobile associate could chime in and explain how long it takes or even if that could happen.  

OP is trying to enter friend's number because he referred him. May be there is an error with your friend's number. May be it hasn't yet fully ported over. 

You can try without putting his number or wait and try again later. 

JimBob

Yes that is the issue

My friends number was ported from another carrier

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When you activate a SIM, you are not entering any phone number, except in cases where an existing PM subscriber referred you.  There you would enter your friend's PM number.

Is this where you are having an issue?

JimBob

I dont know if the sim activated 

I dont think so

i put in all the required information on the first page to get started

then received the message number is not a public mobile number

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @JimBob

Did you active a new line or porting your number? If you port your number to PM, you can active a new number and port after. I guess you put the wrong referral number.  Thanks

neilselden

So...

The SIM card activated with no issues... but you are unable to create an account?

If that is the case, where does the account creation fail (i.e. at what step?)

JimBob

I have tried to activate the sim and create the account but got the error message so I stopped until I could get clarification on what to do

neilselden

Hi,

I'm not clear on what the problem is...

Have you activated a SIM card but cannot create an account?

Are you trying to include a referral for a SIM you are activating?

If you can clarify exactly what the problem is, I'd be happy to try and help...

Cheers,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.