cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking sites loading super slow

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I noticed that when I try to login to my banking websites, they're super slow and take a long time to load. The page keeps spinning. I tried it on a few different banking and credit sites and it's the same.

However, when I use all other sites, it's loads fast.

Is there a reason for this?

I restarted my phone and it's still the same. 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Winning247 yes, not all sites are mobile friendly and that could make a big difference.   Does it has an app?  If so,  go with it.

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for all of the great feedback! It's only slow for those sites so it's probably their servers. I'll stick with my desktop for banking sites. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Winning247 

It also depends on the traffic to your modem or router.

Try clearing the cache and cookie on your browser and on the phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Winning247 is it just 1 particular site or manu others? if just one,it likely is an issue of the site, maybe it is not mobile friendly?  Or Try a different web browser,  like Safari, Chrome, Samsung Internet...

If more than 1 site,  try to to clear cache of the browser you are using.  Also try to change the network to 3G Only or WCDMA only 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Winning247 

I suspect a lot of banking traffic is the cause for this.  Their servers are likely loaded.

You'll likely find that if you access these services outside of peak times, you'll get quicker results.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I experience the same with Tangerine. It takes forever and sometimes I have to kill the page and start again.

I guess the way they design log in page with all security settings. But some banks are super fast...

Did you try accessing it with different browsers?

Need Help? Let's chat.