cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available add ons

soumya410
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have some add on features received as a bonus. I will be travelling to the US for a weeks time. With my current existing plan with no further add ons / activation of a roaming pack, could I use my available add ons while I am in the US?

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

While in the USA, you can still technically receive text messages without any add-on, but to do anything else you'll need one of the 10-day "roaming" add-ons, as others have mentioned. The holiday bonus add-ons are unfortunately only usable while you are in Canada.

Keep in mind that the 10-day countdown for the roaming add-on starts as soon as you purchase it down to the hour you purchased it on the last day, so if you are in the states for a week, don't purchase it more than 3 days before you go or it will expire before you return.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The only add-ons which will work in USA are the 10-day US Roaming add-ons. They become active immediately when added to account, they expire after 10 days whether you use them or not. They cannot be delayed, paused, or suspended.

All other Public Mobile add-ons are in-Canada only.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@soumya410 wrote:

I currently have some add on features received as a bonus.

PM never gave US roaming add-ons as (Holiday) bonus. All gifts are for use from Canada.

For US you would unfortunately need one of US add-ons.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately not - they will not work on the US you will need one of the 10 day US add ons, how long are you going to be over there? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@soumya410 

The bonus add-ons talk & text can only be used if you are in Canada using Telus network.

When you are in the US, you will need purchase Roaming add-ons for talk & text using T-mobile or AT&T networks.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You need roaming add-ons to use Public in the US. You can receive texts without though.

Need Help? Let's chat.