cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Funds credits refunded when account is cancelled?

PMLoyalty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On the grandfathered $25 monthly "1GB at 3G Speed, 30-day plan" and planning to close my account by switching & porting phone number to Fizz.

Available Funds has $50 pre-paid credits. How will I get refunded? Should I request a refund i.e. via cheque, e-Transfer, or to credit card on payment method on file before closing?

2 REPLIES 2

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hello @PMLoyalty 

There are no refunds here at Public Mobile. If you have $50 in credits, you should use as much as you can of them and then port out towards the end of your cycle. If the Fizz offer is for a limited time, I'd suggest grabbing it, then when the $50 has run out and you're close to the end of cycle, then you can port out.

You are more than welcome to reach out to a CS Agent but they won't refund you.

Click on the link to open a ticket through the Chatbot:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Unless something has changed in the past couple of weeks (or this is only the case outside of QC?), Fizz is unique among Canadian providers that way: You can only port in a number on activation... So, unfortunately, your suggestion works for any other provider, but not Fizz (so far).

Having said that, Fizz has just moved from "introductory" to standard pricing (again, outside of QC). Actually using up those $50 brings the OP into the range of potential BTS offers or get them half way to BF...

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @PMLoyalty 

There are no refunds here at Public Mobile. If you have $50 in credits, you should use as much as you can of them and then port out towards the end of your cycle. If the Fizz offer is for a limited time, I'd suggest grabbing it, then when the $50 has run out and you're close to the end of cycle, then you can port out.

You are more than welcome to reach out to a CS Agent but they won't refund you.

Click on the link to open a ticket through the Chatbot:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Need Help? Let's chat.