cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay failed

izzi81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my husband and I both have Public Mobile phones, and have had them for about a year now with no problems. Today was the renewal date, and both of our autopays failed to go through. I've checked the credit card we're paying with and there are no problems there. I've made a manual payment in order to reactivate our phones, and it says autopay is active.

Why did this happen? Is there any way to a/. prevent it in the future, and b/. know when it happens? My family were trying to call me for about an hour and I had no idea because I didn't know there was any problem...

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@ivandub 

I've never had an autopay failure because I just pay for my plan a few days ahead of time when I pay my hydro, gas and internet/tv bills. However if you decide to rely on autopay if you dont recieve a second text (after your rewards have been successfully applied text) confirming your plan has successfully renewed then its a good idea to check your phone for service and log into your account to reactivate your service.

I checked unless your looking at the peace of mind plans or family share plans the best deals offered by telus currently are unlimited talk and text $25, w/1gb $35, w/3gb $45 be sure to enter the promocode at activation and prepay for your service before your 30 day service plan expires.

@ivandub wrote:

So, what's the point of having Autopay enabled if you have to make a manual payment in case it fails? 

@ivandub Autopay works fine for most customers, myself included.  I agree with you that the failure rate is higher than it should be. At the very least enabling autopay while making manual payments will gain you a $2 discount every 30 days.

ivandub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, what's the point of having Autopay enabled if you have to make a manual payment in case it fails? I have 2 phones on Public Mobile, both on Autopay. One updated properly, the other did not. This simply should not happen. I could have missed some important calls not knowing that my phone had been disabled. I might just switch over to Telus as they're offering better deals now anyway. Very bush league!!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@J-L just treat this service for what it is, a prepaid service and just prepay a few days ahead of your renewal date. not worth the headache with auto-pay failing plus you still get the $2 reward..

@J-L 

@J-L wrote:

This also happened with my account today. I have autopay enabled. I received a txt message saying rewards were successfully applied, so I assumed everything was good. I did not know my phone was not working until I needed to call someone. I got a recording saying my plan is expired and to dial 611 to make a payment. 

My question is, if I make this manual payment will I also eventually be charged via autopay so I will be paying twice?

This is very inconvenient. The whole reason for having autopay is so that it is automatic!

Manually load the funds and it should automatically re-activate the plans.  You should not be charged twice.  It is very inconvenient.  Some regular forum members will manually load funds 1-2 days before the due date to prevent this from happening. 

Not sure if a system glitch, but more people than usual have been complaining about autopay failures.  

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This also happened with my account today. I have autopay enabled. I received a txt message saying rewards were successfully applied, so I assumed everything was good. I did not know my phone was not working until I needed to call someone. I got a recording saying my plan is expired and to dial 611 to make a payment. 

My question is, if I make this manual payment will I also eventually be charged via autopay so I will be paying twice?

This is very inconvenient. The whole reason for having autopay is so that it is automatic!

@izzi81 Yes, the system is not ideal unfortunately, and it fails time to time. Hopefully, PM will fix it so thas such situations will not happen in the future.

izzi81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. Makes sense to prevent the glitch, but it's frustrating it happens at all....

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@izzi81...

occasionally Autopay fails. Some seasoned PM'er will manually load $$ into Available Funds a day or two before next renewal to minimize the glitch you're experinecing.

Need Help? Let's chat.