Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive phone calls

Mafa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

14 REPLIES 14

@Conoli wrote:

I can’t either. Calls go straight to voicemail. Did you get yours fixed?

You'll receive way more help by starting a new thread.

Conoli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t either. Calls go straight to voicemail. Did you get yours fixed?

@Mafa 

Public Mobile recommends to take the following steps if you need to port-in a number:

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:
  • Previous provider Account Number
  • Name on the account
  • Phone number
  • To complete your port-in request, click  this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. Include the info from above.

Hope this helps!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mafa 

Did  you port from a land line or voip service, that could take a few days up to a week To complete porting

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mafa , please follow the information provided in this announcement for number porting.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

@Mafa 

We need a little more info from you.....you activated online and it sounds like you ported your number from your former provider upon activation. Who was your former provider?

1. Was your account active with that provider?
  2. If it was koodo....was it prepaid or a postpaid account?
  3. Was it a mobile account or something else like a landline?
  4. Did you have porting protection? If so did you remove it prior to porting?
  5. Have you tried your old sim in your phone to recieve calls? Does it work?
  6. Have you checked your old account.....still active? Or cancelled?

Ultimately you will need to contact the moderators to complete your port but you may still have to contact your previous provider if you need to remove port protection for example.

@Mafa 

Please note that solutions are granted to others who have helped. I've removed the solution both times.

As for trying figure out what's hapenning with your service, this really does sound to be a porting issue.

@Mafa did you ask at sign up to have your phone number transferred over to Public Mobile from your previous provider?  This is known as porting. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Mafa @If it is a landline it can take up to a week if cell then you can contact a moderator as your port may have failed click on ? Bottom right corner ask Simon to speak to a human this will generate a ticket to contact a moderator response time is 2 to 48 hours check envelope top right corner for response

Mafa

How do I port my number? I can make phone calls but not receive.

Mafa

I did signup on line

Mafa

I have waited ten hours now

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Mafa Hello did you just sign up and port your number? If so it can take a few hours for completion of port 

Mafa

Need Help? Let's chat.