cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Texts (2FA) are not being recieved

leetazn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported by number 2 weeks ago from Shaw into Public Mobile and I haven't had automated 2FA texts come from my bank or other services. I can receive personal texts from my friends and for the public mobile login 2FA, but I don't receive any other 2FA text messages for security login. I can't log into any of my banking or anything until this is resolved. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3

leetazn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am receiving regular calls and texts from friends just fine. I am not receiving any 2FA texts/calls outside of Public Mobile. (Tried my bank, crypto exchanges that are using 2FA and not receiving any of them)

I have already checked with my bank and they told me there is nothing they can do from their end. Just sent a private message to a CS Agent. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Usually after porting it takes some time for 2FA 'finds a way' to your new provider.

If you are able to send/receive regular SMS then texting is working; just give it some time for 2FA to start coming.

Try government service to send you SMS or any other company other than bank.

Let us know how it goes.

You can in the mean time contact agent for clarification...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@leetazn   are you receiving regular text from friends?  and you receiving some 2FA text and just not your bank?

Yes, after porting, text from system like those 2FA usually will come later, like within a week.  This is more an issue with the source and not an issue with PM.    

But since it has been 2 weeks,  it is not usual, check with your bank first

If you need , also, open ticket with PM and have them to check as well, 

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.