cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay using previous 90 day plan amount instead of new 30 day plan. Want amount reduced

goaliekid3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I had one of the original 90 day plans with Autopay renewal. In January 2023 I changed to a 30 day plan with a better data plan. The Autopay took the old 90 amount instead of a 30 day amount. Although I now have a 2 plus month credit, I would like the correct Autopay amounts debited moving forward. The Public Mobile logic when changing data plans does not reflect the change in renewal amounts.

Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@whyveeare 

Thank you! I was wondering about this and here you are nearly 3 weeks ago with the answer to my theoretical question. So unlike the autopay glitch that suspends you that a manual top up payment will avoid it still occurred. $10 isn't the end of the world but a 90 day payment can be for some on a tight budget. That leaves two options:

1. Manually top up your account with the new plan amount. Replace the card on file with one that will cause autopay to fail ie. $0 gift credit card. Before the following renewal replace the card with the original card.
  2. Manually top up your account as above. After midnight eastern upon renewal and once rewards have been applied. Disable autopay. Once the payment is debited and the account renews on the new plan enable autopay again.

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a similar thing happen with one of my managed accounts on Dec. 29.  The plan was set to change from the $25 plan to the $15 plan.  As I do for all my managed accounts, I made a manual payment a few days before the 29th to ensure there was $15 in available funds.  But then on the 29th, it took out an additional Auto payment of $10.  Now there is $10 in available funds.  I assume this is the reverse of the Auto pay glitch when someone moves to a higher priced plan, but the Auto pay takes out the lower amount, resulting in the account suspending.

whyveeare_0-1673030701901.png

*** edited to add payment history ***

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There was another customer asking about this last night. I would watch carefully for your next renewal but otherwise leave it there for your next few renewals. I wouldn't bother support until you see an incorrect charge either next renewal or early Apr.

goaliekid3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes that is correct, new plan and $rate applied, but previous amount deducted leaving future credits.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So you went from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan, but the amount charged was the 90 day amount?  Did you verify that your plan has changed correctly and that you are currently on a 30 day plan.  If your plan did switch correctly and it put the excess charged funds into your AVAILABLE FUNDS I would create a trouble ticket to speak with a CSA to make sure that once those credits are used up you will only be charged the correct 30 day amount.

I also just switched from 90 to 30 day plan on Jan 1 and everything went smoothly for myself

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.