cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto top-up fee

MICHELLEVG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In May and July I have been charged an auto top-up fee.  I did not initiate this. And its over and above my monthly subscription (its an old $25 1GB acct for 5 years back) hehe.  How do I stop these charges?  When I go to the add-on area --- there is nothing.

13 REPLIES 13

@MICHELLEVG wrote:

oh my ---- i think my credit card is declining ---- and public mobile is grabbing money!!!! How nice of them. Thanks everyone!

Your credit card was not getting declined.  Your card was charged just fine for the amounts shown. The only things charged to your credit card were two transactions, one for $27.75 and another for $11.10.

hi @MICHELLEVG there were no extra charges. 

every month there are two transactions, one is about PM took the money, the other about how PM used the money.  As you see the different in colours, credit and debit 

So, you didn't get changed extra 

MICHELLEVG

oh my ---- i think my credit card is declining ---- and public mobile is grabbing money!!!! How nice of them. Thanks everyone!

MICHELLEVG

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 5.40.18 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-07 at 6.14.36 PM.png

MICHELLEVG

I love public mobile and do not want to go elsewhere - i would just like a $25 plan.  Maybe I should switch to another plan? that is of this era??

MICHELLEVG

yes - i understand reward dollars are gone.  But Im getting 2 charges ever month.  My $25 plan and a second charge of $25 in may and $10 in July.  I would expect to just play my plan! And Ive been here forever: ) 

hi @MICHELLEVG  what extra charges?? how much you plan and how much you got charged?? login to My Account, go to transaction page and take a screenshot of last 2 months transactions and post them here so we might be able to  explain faster without going to agent 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @MICHELLEVG 

If you are still on the $25 1GB plan, that means you've been here a while. And you were probably getting $5 off every month plus $2 for using your credit card. So $7 in credits every month?? Now your bill is over $30. Am I right? If so, Public Mobile removed EVERYONE'S rewards and deleted them for good. Now everyone has been forced to a very poor Public Points system. There is VERY little value and takes a while to earn any points that have any value. Here's the link to read and as you can see, there were NOT a lot of happy people so a lot of them went elsewhere.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

MICHELLEVG

Yeah, I get its points now. but why the extra charges? My plan is $25 (that is full price) but now I have auto-top of between 10$ (july) and 25$ (may)

@MICHELLEVG  You have to keep an eye on your community inbox for their response . Everything is done online . No live support unfortunately  but 

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

MICHELLEVG

Thanks. I sent a PM to 'admin' in May - and got no response. And tried 'Moderator' today.  Is there a better way to communicate my woes! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @MICHELLEVG there is no top up fees here

if you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone, PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after. Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile. Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MICHELLEVG  The only way I know of anyone paying a fee is for online vouchers . Otherwise you should just pay your plan rate plus tax . If somthing wrong get support to investigate it for you 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.