cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay issues

DanutaP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all!

I have an Auto pay set up but on my account it says that my current plan expired yesterday and I my account has been suspended. This is the first Auto pay after account activation a mont ago. Is that normal? Do I have to do anything?

15 REPLIES 15

Rachelsloan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once I had tried to make just a normal phone call, and it failed it had said to dial *611 but then I tried but the time ran out and hung up so I just called on my own using *611

DanutaP

Where did you make the phone call to?

Rachelsloan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! My auto-pay didn't work nor go through even though I had the funds...didn't realize til I made a phone call and the redirected me to a extension code, it was really easy! It was automated, didn't need any new info just had to confirm! 

Ok, I guess I misread/misunderstood exactly what the OP was saying.....

@DanutaP  Yes, if you read many of the posts/threads on the forums, you'll see that a failure of the autopayment system is quite common, for what appears to be unknown reasons. I've only been here since early Dec., and although, so far(fingers & toes crossed), my autopayment has worked correctly, I've seen others like you, that have had an early autopay failure, and I've seen other people that have been on autopay for years, without incident, and then have had an autopay failure out of the blue.

The potential for autopay failure is what leads several of the regulars around here to advise people to simply add funds to their accounts manually, a day or two before the renewal date, thus avoiding this potential issue.

DanutaP

Thank you all for trying to help. I have contacted the moderator int he meantime and she said that my card was declined. For what exact reason I don't know. I replied to her and waiting for an answer. 

It is weird that there is no information on my account that my card was declined - just that my plan has expired and my account has been suspended wihout explanation. Also it says that Auto pay is enabled so very confusing.

Someone has asked about my renewal date - so it was 2nd of March.

[Solution highlighted ......... Luddite]

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Added:  Did the OP edit the post I see everyone referring to a message wondering if it was edited after your responses I corrected lol

Nope, it's the same as what i saw. Are you all right there Smiley LOL

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13  I did not mention anything about a text.

OP said - yesterday account said expired then it said suspended. Then ends with "this is my first autopay since activating a month ago".

So I am presuming they're going through the renewal process for the 30 day payment plan.

Which account goes expired, then goes to suspended (my screenshot) then back to active.

That's how I read it but nothing about a "text message".....

@ShawnC13  Yeah, that's what the OP said, alright, but then @Jb456 's pic pretty much shows that the system will say that, and lead the plan owner to believe that, when maybe they shouldn't.... like I said, it's a weird way of doing things. Seems like maybe we need to hear from the OP again.....

@Jb456 @gblackma , The post doesn't say anything about a text message.  The account is suspended so autopay has failed

Added:  Did the OP edit the post I see everyone referring to a message wondering if it was edited after your responses I corrected lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CannonFodder wrote:

@DanutaP  It's normal..... it probably also said something about, "if you're on autopay, you can ignore this message".

@CannonFodder you may have gotten the post mixed up this isn't the reminder text.  The Op's account is suspended so autopay failed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Jb456 wrote:

Is it this message on your account that says "please disregard"?.. if so and if phone is working and you're on auto-pay. Disregard.

Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

At renewal time. Account goes expired, suspended then back to active.

You got to admit, it IS a weird way of handling a plan renewal...... 🤔 

Is it this message on your account that says "please disregard"?.. if so and if phone is working and you're on auto-pay. Disregard.

Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

At renewal time. Account goes expired, suspended then back to active.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@DanutaP Is  your service working properly?  If it is, ignore the message. It does that , and then resets for the new cycle. Wait for your payment thankyou message tomorrow.

@DanutaP wrote:

Hi all!

I have an Auto pay set up but on my account it says that my current plan expired yesterday and I my account has been suspended. This is the first Auto pay after account activation a mont ago. Is that normal? Do I have to do anything?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@DanutaP When is your renewal date? Does any services working on your phone at the moment? If yes, your plan will probably renew tonight. If you have AutoPay enabled, you do not need to do anything. Just ignore those warnings. However, if your renewal date was today and you do not have any services, AutoPay seems to be failed. You can add funds manually to renew your account. 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@DanutaP  It's normal..... it probably also said something about, "if you're on autopay, you can ignore this message".

Need Help? Let's chat.