cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting a phone call about switching to Koodo?

markuswarren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had two calls this morning. Didn't recognize the name or number, so didn't answer. 2nd call did leave a voicemail.

Caller ID showed it as from: MASTERCOM INC

Number from voicemail was: 905 855 3331

The message was from Koodo, and mentioned I'd get 6GB instead of 4GB, and some $100 credit or something if I switched and I should visit them at The Sheriden Center store.

The message was a little hard to understand due to quiet voice and an accent.

Getting a text message about the deal is annoying enough, getting phone calls, from a Koodo store, about switching is more than annoying.

It seems to me as though they're getting the closest Koodo store to my address on file to contact me.

Is it just me getting this type of call?

6 REPLIES 6

@koimr1wrote:

Nope, a lot of us have gotten this call.

They are pushing HARD to move us to Koodo.

I prefer to think of it as Koodo trying hard to entice you all. Well, after the price increase was cancelled at any rate. It may be the last time you feel this much love from a carrier. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@markuswarrenwrote:

Thanks for the replies. 

It does indeed seem that PM is trying seriously hard to get people to switch.

Were you both on the Fall 2016 plan, or a different plan? Just figuring out if it's just any PM customer, or only those on that plan that are getting called.

I am on the regular $45 2GB LTE plan. Not all PM customers are getting the offer. They are targetting a select few (primarily those who are on the $40/4GB plan).

markuswarren

@imm1304wrote:

Hey @markuswarren,

I got this call too and I answered.  It was a sales rep from my local Koodo kiosk who invited me to drop in and talk to the manager who will help me with my specific needs during migration.

I politely declined as I have decided to stay with PM.  Don't worry, they won't call you again once they talk to you.  

They probably won't call again after the FB message I just sent them. If they do, well, I'm not answering, and if they keep calling then I will pop in and tell them in person to stop harassing me.

markuswarren

Thanks for the replies. 

It does indeed seem that PM is trying seriously hard to get people to switch.

Were you both on the Fall 2016 plan, or a different plan? Just figuring out if it's just any PM customer, or only those on that plan that are getting called.

One does have to wonder what the premise is behind trying to force people over. I wish PM would just be up front and explain what they are doing.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @markuswarren,

I got this call too and I answered.  It was a sales rep from my local Koodo kiosk who invited me to drop in and talk to the manager who will help me with my specific needs during migration.

I politely declined as I have decided to stay with PM.  Don't worry, they won't call you again once they talk to you.  

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nope, a lot of us have gotten this call.

They are pushing HARD to move us to Koodo.

Need Help? Let's chat.