cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another porting number topic

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I guess I missed the Free 5GB Promo but need to reduce my bill.

That means a change to a $25 min. plan and that will leave me with practically no data at all.

I have the $40 plan and therefore 5Gb of data plus 1gb holiday (?) but I assume the 5gb data will be lost with a plan change to a lesser bill/less data one.  E.g. $25 plan.  My PM account has been inactive as I switched to FM but I figured it would be temporary (probably).  The original "PM assigned" phone number is scheduled to be lost by February 14 unless I do something.  I prefer that # over the "FM #" I got.

Thus, I am looking at porting my PM to PC Mobile for the $25 plan as that includes 3GB of data.

How do I accomplish that?  

I have no problem with PM but I need the data and a cheaper plan. 😞

It appears I owe $3. Can I use my CC to clear it up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

13 REPLIES 13

@Dunkman wrote:

@Leaving 

@Leaving wrote:

Why can't I quote anyone?!? 

I guess I could activate the $15 plan and try to live on limited data plan for a month but I wouldn't go with it for longer than a month.  😕

Either that, or let the # go.

You can only quote somebody while using lab top or desktop computer (not mobile platform).  There are three veritcal  horizontal dots on the right upper corner of the text box that expands the options to include quote.  

Some people have had their phone number for quite a while and would like to keep it.  Really depends on whether your PM number is worth saving.  Personal choice.  

Not true.....just quoted using my iPad. 

Leaving

*You can only quote somebody while using lab top or desktop computer (not mobile platform).  There are three veritcal  horizontal dots on the right upper corner of the text box that expands the options to include quote.*

I don't have a computer and I am pretty sure QUOTES worked before when using mobile/phones.  No?

C'mon, PM, how can quotes not work when using a phone?!?  Ridiculous. 

@Leaving 

@Leaving wrote:

I guess I could activate the $15 plan and try to live on limited data plan for a month but I wouldn't go with it for longer than a month.  😕

You can only quote somebody while using lab top or desktop computer (not mobile platform).  There are three veritcal  horizontal dots on the right upper corner of the text box that expands the options to include quote.  

Some people have had their phone number for quite a while and would like to keep it.  Really depends on whether your PM number is worth saving.  Personal choice.  

Leaving

@Leaving wrote:

I have "$3 Available Funds" , oops, not owe $3.

But, I want to understand this:  I need to change plans and activate one in order to port my PM number over?

So, for e.g., I would pay $12 for the $15 plan ($3 is on my account for some reason)?  *Then*, I will need to port the PM # *afterwards *?

That doesn't sound logical unless I *REALLY* want that number.  😕

@Leaving 

If you are porting to another Telus company like Koodo, then you can port an inactive account.  However, to port out to a different company like PC mobile, you will need an active Public mobile account.  The cheapest activation would be the $15 plan.  

Yeah, it depends on whether you really like your PM number.  

Leaving

I have "$3 Available Funds" , oops, not owe $3.

But, I want to understand this:  I need to change plans and activate one in order to port my PM number over?

So, for e.g., I would pay $12 for the $15 plan ($3 is on my account for some reason)?  *Then*, I will need to port the PM # *afterwards *?

That doesn't sound logical unless I *REALLY* want that number.  😕

@Leaving 

Changing plans while suspended can be tricky and sometimes fails.  

Here is the help article:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Systems-Update-Ability-to-change-plan-w...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Once active PM account, then you can contact PC mobile to port your number over.  

Leaving

Dunkman,  how do I do that?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving 

You may wish to review this article:

Transferring your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent. The SMS text will read as follows: Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you.

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Leaving 

You need an active Public mobile account prior to porting to another company.  You should not owe anything since PM is prepaid.  

If you switch to $25 plan, you are right that you will only get 1GB data and whatever bonus add ons you got from previous promotions.  

If you really like the PM number, I would activate your account now just in case something goes wrong and you need moderator help.  After Feb 14, your number will be lost.  If you really want to port over, why not activate to a $15 plan and then immediately port out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leaving : The promo is for new activations, not existing accounts. The $25 plan is not 3GB. You missed the gifts at Xmas. 500 international (some) minutes and 2GB of data. You can change down to the $15 plan and keep that 1GB gift. Then either near the end of that or you use the total 1.5GB data - port out. You can register a payment card and manually top-up with that. Be sure to remove it before you port out.

Then you can finally be done your username. You will have left. 🙂

@Leaving wrote:

I guess I missed the Free 5GB Promo but need to reduce my bill.

That means a change to a $25 min. plan and that will leave me with practically no data at all.

I have the $40 plan and therefore 5Gb of data plus 1gb holiday (?) but I assume the 5gb data will be lost with a plan change to a lesser bill/less data one.  E.g. $25 plan.  My PM account has been inactive as I switched to FM but I figured it would be temporary (probably).  The original "PM assigned" phone number is scheduled to be lost by February 14 unless I do something.  I prefer that # over the "FM #" I got.

Thus, I am looking at porting my PM to PC Mobile for the $25 plan as that includes 3GB of data.

How do I accomplish that?  

I have no problem with PM but I need the data and a cheaper plan. 😞

It appears I owe $3. Can I use my CC to clear it up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Unless a chargeback was done on a credit or debit card that was to pay for Public Mobile service that was already used, there isn't any way for you to owe Public Mobile $3 for past service.  Are you saying that the $3 is what's needed to reactivate your suspended plan?  You can port out any time, but you won't receive any refund for the plan that you've already paid for and you must port out while your Public Mobile plan is still active.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to contact PC Mobile to initiate the port request.

You could make a manual payment for the amount owed.

Need Help? Let's chat.