cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Victoria BC not receiving incoming calls.

witchi3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all 

As there seem to be a number of posts in last few days on this issue - esp. from BC customers, please can anyone provide any insight as to what appears to be an issue on PM side?  I cannot receive incoming calls - it goes straight to voicemail for the caller.  I can send calls out.  I can send/receive texts.  But no calls incoming.  I have tried all the suggested settings on my phone and removed and reinserted the sim.  I have logged a tkt, but I urgently need this resolving.

If anyone has had this resolved by PM admin, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@witchi3 

Yes it will.

witchi3

It worked!  Thanks so much!  I wonder if it would still have worked on a non-PM using phone switch?  Anyway - it worked and I am hugely grateful for all the help on here - thanks everyone!  

@Spike77 yes, putting the SIM in another phone forces a re-provision of the sim.  This is a quick tricks to solve issues without having to open ticket with PM support

Spike77

When u put sim in other phone phone someone to make sure it works  then put sim back to original phone 

witchi3

Thanks Spike - will give that a try when daughter back home then... will post here if works.

Spike77

Here’s fix.     So my daughter phone wouldn’t receive or call   iPhone 8 Texting worked. Tried everything. Reset update restore  nothing worked. Must have been SIM card issue. Took sim out then back in. Still not working. Took sim out put in my phone   Both on public mobile   It worked on mine   Put sim back in her phone and now all good.   Strange. But seen other posts that it worked.   Just thought I would share info

witchi3

Tried roaming off.  Tried 3g only.  Still no calls.  Tried removing sim, leaving for a few mins and reinserting.  Nothing. 😞

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@witchi3 turn off roaming as well.  Sometimes those signal from across the water may cause some issues lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@witchi3 In some areas especially out along the water front of "greater Victoria" there are areas of poor service and with out automatic roaming and needing a US roaming add-on you could be experiencing that where you aren't in a service area. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@witchi3 3G ONLY is a phone setting under Preferred Network 

witchi3

Thanks  - I tried removing and reinserting sim already - will try again for a little longer this time.  Re changing to 3G only - is this on PM acct or on phone settings pls?  

witchi3

I am not in downtown, no - my daughter has PM on another acct and no issues for her.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@witchi3 did you try changing your preferred network to 3G ONLY / WCDMA ONLY?

Also, try to reseat your sim card ( power down, take sim out for a min before putting it back and power up)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@witchi3 are you right in downtown Victoria?  I am out in Colwood and have no service issues at all.  Receiving calls and texts with no issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.