cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazing service for younger people

AustinLee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This service is so good for people around my age (18) because it allows you to save more money on top of it already being so much cheaper than other providers. I highly suggest you use PM if you’re going into college or moving out on your own, to save a few bucks 

9 REPLIES 9

@terrif wrote:

I am no where near 18 either but have enough computer skills to get by!  I don't think a lot of people from my parents generation would be able to do it but maybe I could be surprised!

I agree, 18 is a distant memory. From my experience if they have someone who they can ask for help, and it doesn't have to be a formal customer support, than they are all in for the savings. Elderly people are accustomed to penny pinching while today's generation did not grow up with that ingrained into their everyday life. So if they have a son/daughter or even a friend who is knowledgeable with the system that they can turn to and not be embarrassed for asking "stupid" questions, then they are willing to try. 

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got a lot of referals because I was able to show a plan available on Public Mobile that was better than what they already had for a better price.   The competition made it easy.

Jarvar

@popping

Sounds like a good idea. I may be able to convince my parents. My grandparents never used mobile phones and are no longer around.

Lately though my parents have been asking me to help them with Koodo since calling in is usually $10 and they have 2 lines. I think there's more and more self serve encouraged now anyways. They don't really need LTE speeds either in my estimation. Last I checked they both used around 300 MB of data each month. However they do like the option of being able to call in if the self serve can't resolve their problem. For example they want to turn Voicemail off and they can't do that by themselves, but apparently the call centre can so go figure.

Although my parents are seniors now they do use the phone and texting a lot, they are also getting the hang of apps and using data regularly now.

terrif
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am no where near 18 either but have enough computer skills to get by!  I don't think a lot of people from my parents generation would be able to do it but maybe I could be surprised!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AustinLee

While you are setting up your account, also setup accounts for your grand parents.

PM is good for senior citizens who do not text and using a flip phone on the $8 50/50 plan with $8 200 minutes add-on. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I see this is an attitude thing and personal approach to spending and saving.  Some people care a lot, some not so much.  Personally, I believe in the cliche about taking care of the pennies.  I have a whole family of cellular plans to look after.  It does add up. 

Jarvar

@AustinLee

I think it's great for anyone who is looking for a good deal and is willing to do some extra leg work to get things working if it's required. It also possible for someone who is willing to help others get on a service which they just set and forget. A friend of mine informed me about Public Mobile because her mother uses it. She has no need for data or even texting. Mainly uses calling and so it was the best service for her and she has had it for years already. I suspect it was my friend who helped her mother set up her Public Mobile account since she stated that her mother still has not figured out texting. There may be a profile Public Mobile has in mind, but it could work out in all different ways and people tend to work out which methods work best for them.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Some people also want a new phone  and are happy to pay more money mothly than a single lage sum at one time

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AustinLee, I partly agree with you.  I wouldn't just limit it to around your age.  I'd say include those who are do-it-yourself and people who can handle figuring things out on their own and don't need to rely on call centres and constant customer service support.  I'm no where near 18 but am perfectly fine with the service options, the amazing price points, and even better credit/rewards incentives that PM offers.  To me I don't see why anyone would not want to be with PM.  However I'm sure there are even young folks out there like yourself who probably need a more full customer service platform company and not PM.  I guess some people just can't handle not speaking to a person.

Need Help? Let's chat.