cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All text messages failing since this morning

dillbag
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM customer for a week now. No problems since activation until this morning. Now ALL text messages being sent are returning with a "text message failed to send" error on my S7 Edge. However, it looks like the messages are actually going through to the recipient, but I'm still getting the failed message. What is going on?

@Mary_M

@Jeremy_M

21 REPLIES 21

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

IN TWO WEEKS THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO LOOK IT IT

TILL THEN YOUR SCREWED

ITS THE PUBLICMOBILENOSERVICE WAY!!!!!

ENJOY YOUR PHONE!

dillbag

It seemed to sort itself out the next day. I suspect the huge influx of new customers during the last few days of the deal is what was causing the problem. I had a few people tell me they were receiving multiple texts that day but I think that was probably my phone trying to resend "failed" texts. Disappointed to not receive one reply from a moderator or a technician on this issue, though. 

JJThompson

So any updates on your end?

I haven't had any more failed messages, but a few folks are telling me they are receiving my messages in double. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Agree something is wrong
Text seems to take longer to send

markdon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
So much for that idea. Hopefully something they're looking in to.

dillbag

Richmond, BC here and has been happening all day, approximately 30 messages across 5 different contacts, although a grand total of two messages have not returned the error.

JJThompson

Calgary here, and the issue seems to be intermittent so far. 

markdon
By any chance are you in downtown Vancouver?
My coworker and I had this issue until I left work.
I'm in Burnaby now and the issue seems to have gone away for me while he's still at work and sending everything three times.

dillbag

Good to know I'm not going crazy.

JJThompson

Getting the same issue as well, it only started today.

-Using a Samsung Galaxy S7

-Member for a roughly a month now

My girlfriend received the same bug a last week, not too long after she switched. She's on the iphone 7+

Seems to be intermittent.

markdon

My coworker (who I convinced to make the switch) complained about this problem on his iPhone today.

Outgoing messages fail, but the recipient receives the message 2 or 3 times.

I tested with my android phone and sure enough the same thing is happening.

I think there is an issue at PM right now

Devil_tear
Oh well i've run out of ideas! 🙂 sorry I couldn't help...

dillbag

no, phone is stock and unlocked

Devil_tear
Are you running a custom ROM?

dillbag

Ya, phone has been restarted several times and I've cleared the cache. Texts are being sent, that's not the problem. The issue is I'm getting "sending failed" errors after every text I send, even though texts appear to be going through, and doesn't matter who it's sent to or what network they're on. Everything was working fine until today.

Devil_tear
Also try going into apps, wipe the cache of your messaging app and reboot and try texing yourself... See if that works...

Devil_tear
Mmm that is strange... Did you try texing yourself?

dillbag

Message center phone number is correct but phone does not allow for quote symbols or commas in the field (unsupported format).

Devil_tear
@dillbag it may also be called message center number or something else... But the most common thing is that by a number of reasons your SMSC number might have got lost or erased from your SIM...

dillbag
I have not changed any settings since activation 3 weeks ago.

Devil_tear
Did you check your SMSC number in your messaging settings? It should appear like this

"+16475800172",145

Need Help? Let's chat.