cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Change

QF02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

I'm changing addresses. How do I update my address in my Public Mobile so that my bill says my new address?

21 REPLIES 21

lol More useless messaging around here. Like the inactive account call gives a message saying something about US roaming. High school IT.
Indeed, when it's a wrong address it simply says - Invalid address.
Looks like 13 letters for last name and curiously all of 20 for first?? Could they have done it the other way around? lol High school IT.
So for those with existing accounts before the new system and have long names, they would get your error when trying to change things.
Glad you got it sorted.

marcmib
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Agent helped me and I found out my problem. My last name was too long by one letter (my previous last name was not changed because I didn't need to)  and the agent said "With the new system updates, we seem to have a limit" but before I was able to add my hole last name. What a headache to go through. The programmers didn't put into account of long last names. I hope one day it will be fixed?

Is your account currently active? Does the address box currently have an address?

marcmib

I will be contacting an Agent

marcmib

did all that and still Sorry, we could not reset your account info at this moment. Please try again later.

Could you type something here that is a model of your address?
Like - ####-##### street name or street number and maybe a direction.
I look at one of my accounts that doesn't have a unit #.
#### numbered street street type ., city, province, postal code with a space
In this example, I type in the number and it doesn't find me. Then I type in the numbered street (without th or rd) and it finds me. I select the address it comes up with and done.
Another account is
####-#### street name street type etc.
I type the unit and it doesn't find me. I type in the street address and it finds me.
You just need to wait for it to try to find you after typing something. Like type in the unit #. Wait. A box comes out with the bubbles or whatever they're called and then any results are listed. Then if not found type in something else and wait again.

Adding - then I see your reply to the other question. Yeah that's probably it. But again, why do you need the address?

@marcmib 

new area could be the reason, the lookup database might not have that yet

Please message support here and ask them to manually add it for you

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

marcmib

It's a new area and a new address

please direct me to support team thank you

@marcmib 

shoudln't be blacklisted. 

is that a new area,  new address?

did you message support and ask them to see if they can manually add it?

marcmib

is my address Blacklisted?

marcmib

still cant change 

I'll back up to your original need. There is no "bill" here. Nothing will ever be mailed to you. So unless you're a business and you've been going in to payments here and downloading the payment history which also doesn't include taxes, or you're making manual payments and screen capturing the "receipt" (I think that's what happens),  why do you need to have something with your address on it?

So, type in a unit number if you have one or street address number and wait for the quick search it does. It takes a moment. Maybe it doesn't find you. Then if you have a unit number then without a space type - then without a space type in your street address number and wait for the quick search it does. If it finds something then it gives you a list below. If something resembling your address shows up in the list then click on it in the list. You could even scroll down a little in that list. There are 5.
The addressing gets confused with directional street names and also "th"'s and "rd"s for numbered streets.

marcmib

it's been almost a month 

marcmib

Sorry, we could not reset your account info at this moment. Please try again later.

@marcmib 

As said earlier, the address field is not critical for PM, it is for PM record keeping only

Also, try to not type the full address but to type the street number, then the name and click the search icon on the far right of the box and let the system lookup for you and see if that helps

If that still does not work, try to open ticket with PM support by direct message and ask them to add it for you:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

marcmib

for me still says invalid address and I typed it in different ways and even googled it. Let them know their site is broke and they need to fix it.

marcmib

for me still says invalid address and I typed it in different ways and even googled it. Let them know their site is broke and they need to fix it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@QF02 

on a laptop, log in to your account / Profile/ Account Info ...click on Account Name to add your address.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@QF02 

Address is only for information purpose only for PM , they do not use it for any kind of checking or use it to post credit card payment.

But you can still change it.  Login to My Account, go to Profile page and click the pencil beside your name to update the info

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/account-infohttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/account-info

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Log in to the account, go to profile, click on the pencil next to your name and there's your address. The address is an auto-fill not just type in free-form. Start with unit number or street address. If both then a dash and no spaces. Then the street. If it still doesn't auto-fill then try different variations of the street.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @QF02 

Please login to My Account and change at the Profile page

Need Help? Let's chat.