cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addons for USA

Mitchrr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm going to Florida for two weeks in the middle of the month. Do I have to purchase two rounds of Add ons (because they only last for 10days)? And is there no way to up the data for Add ons in the USA ? I mostly use my phone to message my friend if we get seperated when we are out somewhere, so data is much more important to me than text or talk.

9 REPLIES 9

Yes you get the app when you register it will offer you to pick number, just type in your area code ( or area code you would like) and it will give you numbers to choose from. They will try to make it s close to the area code as possible, so will first go into alternatives ( like 647 instead of 416) and if it happens that they don't have any more of those it will offer geographically close. ( like 705 or 289 instead 416) 

They get new numbers every morning

Mitchrr

Good to know, thank you! I was thinking I'd do 1GB for the first ten days, and then just do a 250mb or 500mb top up for the last 4 days. So, if I'm reading you right, that should work because it's a differnt add-on. I am staying with a friend, so I will have use of her home wifi, and am only really concerned about times that I have to bridge between free wifi options.

I'm not sure I understand TextNow...I just get the app and give her that number and then we can text for free?

@gblackma wrote:

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

PM has 3 US roaming data plans valued at 15, 20.00 for a 2 week period for different amounts of data. After logging in, click on PLANS AND ADD ONS to choose right plan. You can only choose one plan at a time and must wait for it to expire before buying another.

When do the Roaming data plans start to expire?  From date of purchase or from date of use?

@gblackma  Date of purchase.

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

PM has 3 US roaming data plans valued at 15, 20.00 for a 2 week period for different amounts of data. After logging in, click on PLANS AND ADD ONS to choose right plan. You can only choose one plan at a time and must wait for it to expire before buying another.

When do the Roaming data plans start to expire?  From date of purchase or from date of use?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Mitchrr wrote:

I'm going to Florida for two weeks in the middle of the month. Do I have to purchase two rounds of Add ons (because they only last for 10days)? And is there no way to up the data for Add ons in the USA ? I mostly use my phone to message my friend if we get seperated when we are out somewhere, so data is much more important to me than text or talk.

Hi @Mitchrr 

Heads up, there is a glitch where you won't be able to purchase the same add-on until 24 hours have passed. Moderators can help. I suggest the last day of the add-on to contact them about it and have enough funds In the account for purchase. 

I also suggest getting textNow app, free 2nd Canadian number, free calls and texts to Canadian ane American numbers. Restrict the background data and it will usr only about 30megs monthly

Have a safe trip

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mitchrr wrote:

@Mitchrr  If you just need data then best to buy a local US prepaid sim card. Check Amazon they have many good alternative choices.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Click on the 3 dots to edit your post.

Mitchrr

Ugh. Nevermind. Answered my own question,  but now cannot figure out how to delete my post.

Need Help? Let's chat.