cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addons cannot be added

604jimmy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to add these add-ons, but I keep on getting these errors:

One or more selected features could not be added to your account. Please make a payment and try again. Click here to check your Transaction History.

How should I get them added on?

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 8.53.18 PM.png

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

Imagine if everytime you wanted to buy something from Amazon [or some other online retailer that you purchase from] if you had to first make a credit card payment for the amount of your purchase, and then add the item to your cart and check out, using the funds you previously loaded.  This would be quite annoying!

3.5 years later and this comparison is--sadly--still relevant.  @Alan_K when was the last time you had to load funds from your credit card onto Amazon to pay for a purchase?  Or load funds from your credit card onto your Netflix account to pay for your next month's subscription?  I'm still amazed this has never been addressed.  I realize now it probably never will be, sadly.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

It would be nice if you could do it as one step--Add the add on and pay for it all at once.  You're right that it's too convoluted as it currently stands.  Imagine if everytime you wanted to buy something from Amazon [or some other online retailer that you purchase from] if you had to first make a credit card payment for the amount of your purchase, and then add the item to your cart and check out, using the funds you previously loaded.  This would be quite annoying!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

604jimmy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yep, it was becuase I had to add money into the account first.

Not used to pre paid plans.

But from a user experience standpoint. It seems like a pretty convoluted process. 

srlawren

I'm pretty sure you get a different message if you try to add add-on(s) with insufficient funds in your account.  I seem to recall bumping into that, and it was a message that was more specific about not having the money available.  For that problem, you can just make a payment for the add on amount and then go add it--easy to resolve.  This one looks like something different.

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @604jimmy,

It's does look like a glitch, but to quickly fix this issue, you might your to add a balance into your account. After what your should be able to select the addons.

imm1304

Hey @604jimmy

Sounds like a glitch in the system .. its only checking your current balance and not giving you option to pay after selecting the add-on.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Do you have Talk on your plan?

@vrance wrote:

Hi @604jimmy, please review if you have the talk and data plan.  The add-on will not work unless you have the basic plan talk or the data plan.

Data should be fine, its talk that you must include with your plan to purchase talk add on. 

If that's the case, looks like PM added the feature we all wanted to see (don't allow talk add on purchase if they do not have talk on their plan).

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @604jimmy, please review if you have the talk and data plan.  The add-on will not work unless you have the basic plan talk or the data plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.