cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding phone to plan

susanna416
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I add a new phone to my current plan ?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite sounds to me like @susanna416 has this situation:

1) She has phone number ZZZ-ZZZ-ZZZZ with Public Mobile, on Plan X

2) She or someone she knows has phone number YYY-YYY-YYYY with another carrier

3) She would like to port YYY-YYY-YYYY to Public Mobile, as a new activation, using plan X.

Susannna, if that's correct, then the answer is "maybe, sort of".

First of all, you would need to create a second account at Public Mobile, since as @ShawnC13 noted, PM does not offer multiple phone lines per account.  This is the "sort of" part of my response.  The "maybe" part is around getting the same plan for phone number YYY-YYY-YYYY.  This is possible, but only if your current Public Mobile plan (plan X) is still being offered at https://publicmobile.ca/plans (hint: you may need to click on BUILD YOUR OWN PLAN and try choosing the same things your current plan includes, and checking the price to see if it's the same as you pay).

If the same plan is still available, then just activate a new line and choose that plan.  However, if you have a "grandfathered" plan (one that is no longer available with the same plan choices and price), then unfortunately it is NOT possible to activate another line with that same plan.  You must choose from a currently-available plan in the plan builder at the page I linked above.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@susanna416wrote:

I want to add a cell phone with a second but existing number,  but want to use the same plan I am using now.

That is not clear.

a) do you have two PM accounts?

b) do you want to have two phones active on PM?

c) is the "existing" number at PM or somewhere else?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

susanna416
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to add a cell phone with a second but existing number,  but want to use the same plan I am using now.

@srlawren, great point I assumed she meant adding a line.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@mimmo @ShawnC13 are you guys sure that's what @susanna416 is asking?  The question is a bit ambiguous:

@susanna416wrote:

@susanna416 which one of these are you asking?

1) Can I add another phone line to my current plan?

In other words:  can I add a second line to my plan for a family member, etc.  If this is what you are asking, then please see @mimmo and @ShawnC13's replies above.

OR,

2) Can I replace the phone I'm using right now but keep my current phone number, plan, payment amount, and rewards that I get today?

If this is what you're asking, the answer is absolutley you can.  If your new phone has the same size SIM card as your current phone, you can just move the SIM card to the new phone and you're good to go. 

If your new phone takes a different size SIM card (e.g. nano SIM instead of micro SIM), check if your current SIM card is one of the "triple-punch" cards where you can add or remove adapter rings to change the size.  If so, just adapt the card to the right size for the new phone and move the card to that phone, and you're done. 

If you have an older SIM card that is fixed size, or you've lost the adapter ring needed, you will need to purchase a new SIM card.  They cost $10 and you can either order one from publicmobile.ca, or you can pick one up at your local WoW Mobile Boutique, K Mobile, or Walmart electronics department*.  Once you receive/have the new SIM card and phone in hand, log into your self-serve account (see the My Account link at the top of every page here) and then click on Plans and Add-ons tab, then Change SIM Card sub-tab, and type in the number printed on the new SIM card.  Once you submit that, your service is moved from your old card to the new one, and you can plug it into your new phone and enjoy.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@susanna416  dont forget to use your existing number as a referal

if you use gmail you can make aliases with the + sign

name@gmail.com and name+123@gmail.com all go to name@gmail.com   this avoids teh need for multiple email accounts.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@susanna416wrote:

No you will need to create a new account with new email address.  One phone number per account on Public Mobile.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.