cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding funds

malemanz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to change to the $25 plan and add the US Roaming Talk Feature for $8 (10 days) and won’t let me add the funds via my registered auto-pay credit card.

I called my credit card company and they see no problems.

My $10 plan renewed on May 31.

So, it must be the Public Mobile Site. Hopefully, I can get some help.

Thanks, Mike Carnes

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@malemanz wrote:

I would like to change to the $25 plan and add the US Roaming Talk Feature for $8 (10 days) and won’t let me add the funds via my registered auto-pay credit card.

@malemanz  Just wanted to point out that the US Roaming talk add-on only works when in the  US. If you need to make calls to the US then you need the 200 minute US/Canada minute add-on.

Thanks, Mike Carnes

Most of the time it's not the credit card that is at fault as it appears to be a timeout issue with PM's payment processor system. If you can't make a payment then try removing and re-adding your card. If that doesn't work submit a ticket to PM and ask them to remove any security locks that may have been triggered.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@malemanz wrote:

Thanks, Mike Carnes

A couple of things here.  If you are changing to the $25 plan now you will need to pay the whole $25 there is no refund or credit issued if you change plans during your cycle.  You can select to change your plan on your next renewal.  Once you change for your $10 plan you will not be able to go back to it as it is no longer offered.  

As for purchasing the US roaming add-on, it is a two-step process.  The first step you go in and select the one you one and "purchase" it, when actually all this does is add the funds to your Available Funds in your account.  You then will need to go and "re-purchase" the add-on and it is will take the funds from Available Funds.  Add-ons are active from the time they are purchased so if you when you are ready to travel to the US purchase it as close to when you cross the border as you can.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

The fact that payment failed might be a good thing, at least for now.  If it was asking for payment before allowing the plan change, you would have been making an immediate plan change. If you do that, the amount paid for your renewal on May 31 would be lost.

Also, unless you're going to make/receive more than 50 minutes of calls (or are already out) or need more text messaging while still in Canada, know that the U.S. roaming talk add-on is already unlimited while you are using it in the U.S.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

If you change your plan it is recommended to change on next renewal so you don't lose any unused minutes/ texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Need Help? Let's chat.