cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added funds with PIN but didn’t change plan

Enildapg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I added $25 to change my usual $10 plan but did so before I actually changed the plan. Now I have $15 dollars on my account  because the $10 plan renewed itself. What can I do? I need the new plan right now as it includes unlimited talk/text which I don’t currently have with the $10 plan. 

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

@Luddite wrote:

@krazykiwi  You said: "In your message please include: Sim Card Number, PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount."

BUT FYI: The moderators are requesting that none of this data be sent on first contact; just a description of the issue. Customer then receives a link to authenticate.

Yeah, I understand what they are saying and I personally have been waiting a week because the authentication didn't work and now waiting longer because I had to send the very information you are saying not to send. So that's my take on what is being said.

I will update my macro directing people to the information on the site rather than making suggestions!

EDIT: My macro was a generic macro for contacting the MODs. I included everything because sometimes people are stuck activating or setting up an account and not to the point where using the authentication may work for them. This is what was being suggested before and as from my personal experience the authentication isn't working so I stuck with it!

To Contact the Moderators click this link and describe in detail your situation.

That's a blitz from moderator-team???? Many messages for help from your team in different subjects...Smiley Happy Welcome!!!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Enildapg,

I just wanted to inform you that my colleague has sent you a message - can you please view your private message? We'll be able to change your plan for you 🙂

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Lieux wrote:

@Luddite I didn’t understand that: we don’t need now to give phone Number, nip and everything when we have a problem??? Just what happened??! That’s new with  the authentification step???

More info here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-how-you-verify-that-you-re-t...

Ok thanks a lot @Luddite!

@Lieux Yes, that is a recent change. No matter what personal information is sent initially the mderators will request it be sent after authentication link is sent. It is apparently related to ensuring private information is only transmitted over a secure link. Not sure how that works.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite I didn’t understand that: we don’t need now to give phone Number, nip and everything when we have a problem??? Just what happened??! That’s new with  the authentification step???

@Luddite wrote:

@krazykiwi  You said: "In your message please include: Sim Card Number, PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount."

BUT FYI: The moderators are requesting that none of this data be sent on first contact; just a description of the issue. Customer then receives a link to authenticate.

It sounds like people are not yet used to this quite yet.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Enildapg wrote:

Hi,

I added $25 to change my usual $10 plan but did so before I actually changed the plan. Now I have $15 dollars on my account  because the $10 plan renewed itself. What can I do? I need the new plan right now as it includes unlimited talk/text which I don’t currently have with the $10 plan. 

Thank you.

If this just happened today and your plan renewal was today you may try asking the MODs for good faith to change to the new plan without extra cost. Explain in detail what happened and that it was a mistake. However you may have to wait a couple days to get it sorted!

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: Sim Card Number, PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

The cheapest option for you would be to get the 200 Canada and US long distance minutes for $8, and choose to change your plan to the $25 unlimited talk/text on your next renewal date.

That's OK @fergiedroid ..it's good too that he knows every possibility..Smiley Happy

fergiedroid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello @Lieux 

Yes but in his message he states that he need the talk and text options now. This is why I offered the solution I did, as unfavorably as it is.

And he will loose his last payment !!! @fergiedroid that's not a good idea to change it now...or if he doesn't want add-on yes that's the only solution...it's up to him..

fergiedroid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Go to Change your plan in my account, You can choose to change your plan now. But unfortunitly as it is passed your renewal date and the cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds. You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You can pay for an add-on 

400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.$15

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes$8

@Enildapg

and for data 

1 GB Data$30
200 MB Data10$

Or you can choice  a new plan for your renewal date next month on your self serve account..

Need Help? Let's chat.