cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added data

Jaxisclever
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on the $15 plan and registered for autopay. According to your plan I should get 250MB of data. I have not received any data when my payment was made. Is there something I am missing?

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jaxisclever wrote:

I am on the $15 plan and registered for autopay. According to your plan I should get 250MB of data. I have not received any data when my payment was made. Is there something I am missing?

@Jaxisclever 

Leave your Data OFF, and only enable it when you need to use it (out of wifi areas and when you need to send/receive MMS messages).

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track.

Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@Jaxisclever Here is more information about managing your data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

You can purchase an add-on 1GB for $15 which will remain in your account and rollover to the next until it has been consumed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaxisclever 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jaxisclever 

In general, Public Mobile's system is usually accurate in measuring data used over the network.  You can also look at your phone's data usage history to see when data was used by what app (and usually how much).

Note - make sure the dates of the data use align with your current plan's cycle.  The dates are every 30 days and not monthly like other providers.

@Jaxisclever...you can go into your settings to turn off data to each / any app on the phone. You'll have to turn it back on whenever you want to use data. Or just turn off data to apps that you don't regularly use. Become familiar with how your settings are configured.

Alternative, you can turn off Data altogether...then back on when you need it.

@Jaxisclever wrote:

I have and there is no data left. Received a message to say that I used 75% of my data and another message the same day to say 100% of data used. I have not been anywhere and am using wifi at home.

Sounds like you've used it up without knowing you have. Make sure wifi assist is turned off in settings.

Jaxisclever
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have and there is no data left. Received a message to say that I used 75% of my data and another message the same day to say 100% of data used. I have not been anywhere and am using wifi at home.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jaxisclever...nope. Log into My Account / My Data and Add-ons to see how much data you have left.

edit, make sure Data is enabled on the phone settings too.

Need Help? Let's chat.