cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on confusing new please help

Justybop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok so I bought the 8gb data plan for 50. I have used all 8 GB. I want to add more data on by paying again to renew I live way in the Bush and need my data to game with how can it work as it takes  me in circles 

14 REPLIES 14

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Justybopin your situation  i would just do an immediate plan change to the $45 for 6gb data plan.  and then add $5  manually.  from there i would ask mods modify the plan change to the $50 plan for 8gb.  mods are pretty good about this especially when asked  a day or two after, especially when they are taking 48hrs to reply.

@will13am, alan_m did mention they were working on the ability to renew plans early but no eta,

Until it is announced that customers can do it and the feature is available, it didn't happen.  How long has it been since the password reset was work in progress?  I don't want to be skeptical, but the past haunts me. 

I do agree with you but at least it coming soon (im betting sometime in late  2020 🙂

anyways here is the discussion link where it was "announced"  as coming soon

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Pm-should-allow-plan-changes-on-expired-ac...

@mimmo wrote:

@Justybopin your situation  i would just do an immediate plan change to the $45 for 6gb data plan.  and then add $5  manually.  from there i would ask mods modify the plan change to the $50 plan for 8gb.  mods are pretty good about this especially when asked  a day or two after, especially when they are taking 48hrs to reply.

@will13am, alan_m did mention they were working on the ability to renew plans early but no eta,

Until it is announced that customers can do it and the feature is available, it didn't happen.  How long has it been since the password reset was work in progress?  I don't want to be skeptical, but the past haunts me. 

popping

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Justybop wrote:

So fack I should a just went to Wally and got a new sim

If data is required now there could be a way to get it but would cost you an extra $10.  YOu could do an immediate plan change to the $10 50/50 plan and then do another immediate plan change back to the 8GB $50 plan.

Okay.  Thinking out of box.  Spending $10 instead of waiting for moderator for up to 48 hours.  Sending a private message to moderator after the 2 plan changes.  Moderator may credit your account with $10 credit. I am just thinking out loudor just dreaming.  YMMV

mimmo

@Justybop wrote:

If data is required now there could be a way to get it but would cost you an extra $10.  YOu could do an immediate plan change to the $10 50/50 plan and then do another immediate plan change back to the 8GB $50 plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping

@Justybop wrote:

@Justybop

You can get a new PM SIM.  But you will using different phone number.

@will13am

I don't understand why PM does not allow subscribers to renew early and allows subscribers to change plan early.  I changed plan early 30 days ago before my renewal day.

Justybop

@Justybop

It will take roughly 48 hours for moderators to respond recently.  Hopefully, they have cleared up the backlog of requests.  Some people have waited even longer (up to 72 hours).  

Justybop

How long should this usually take to get a response 

@Justybop wrote:

Is the account number my phone number

No, the account number is much longer.  If you look at the upper right corner of your self serve account, the account number is there.

Justybop

Is the account number my phone number

@tqlam wrote:

Yeah, the add on process is really confused!

I don't think buying the data add-on is the thing to do in this case.  It's $30 for 1GB compared to $50 for 8GB with an early renewal.  Heavy data users should never consider data add-on.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Justybop, early renewal requires assistance from the moderator team.  Customers cannot do early renewal themselves.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

tqlam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah, the add on process is really confused!

Need Help? Let's chat.