cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on Data

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Will Public Mobile offer better deals on Data add ons current price does not seem like that much of a great deal.

6 REPLIES 6

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Patrick_R wrote:

Will Public Mobile offer better deals on Data add ons current price does not seem like that much of a great deal.

Add ons are expensive. Always get.the plans that closest to what you'll use to save money. It's a balance not to pay for extra data that won't get used but don't want to but extra data add-ons because that costs more.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As alwyas, I'd suggest you pick a plan that suits your needs for the vast majority of the time, as plan data is always cheaper. 

The competitive waters have been muddied by all the heavily-throttled unlimited offerings at many providers, but compared to the full-speed overage prices of $100/GB (in $10/100MB increments) at most 1st and 2nd tier providers, PM's $30/1GB add-on pricing is downright frugal!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Patrick_R wrote:

Members won't know. Public Mobile tells us when ready.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Patrick_R  In my opinion I don't think so. The reason that PM data addons are expensive is because PM would prefer that you upgrade your plan rather than using price effective data addons as backup.

PM Data Add-ons are so poorly priced that it's actually cheaper to buy a second SIM card for standalone Data Plan/Add-ons from any of the three competitors.

So maybe PM will price Data Add-ons more competitively. It might not be what PM/Telus wants but the value-tier competitors seem aggressive and their offers are starting to have a lot of (better) value discrepancy. 

But, given their track record, I think it's just as likely PM will stop offering Data Add-ons altogether, then claim that it was a sad but necessary decision because nobody was buying them anyways. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Patrick_RHighly unlikely but you can never predict the future. They have been increasing their content in their plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.