cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On

FDW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased 10 day US roaming text/talk add-on yesterday.

Now in US and cannot receive nor send texts. I have checked my account and the purchase is registered…

Any help/advise more that welcome!!

thx in advance 

7 REPLIES 7

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@FDW 

if you trying manually connecting network and reboot phone, o still not works, 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it out.

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you have an iphone, be aware that without data you will not be able to use the special imessage. You would need to turn on SMS and then turn off imessage which makes it into a standard texting app. There may still be missed texts from other iphone users until you connect to wifi but I'm not sure.

You would not be able to send or receive MMS either without roaming data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@FDW   Connecting to T-Mobile should be a safer bet, it can help to make both voice call and text working

But if you are eager to send text, try to connect to AT&T as well.  Text can travel on AT&T LTE network as well (just not voice)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I had similar experience as you ...I found AT&T no longer works at all. Disable Automatic and use T-Mobile.

Also, I found text/talk to be weak in some rural locations (in eastern Washington state) but better in town.

Your results may vary as they say.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@FDW , are you able to confirm connection to a roaming partner network, either T-Mobile or AT&T?  To ensure that you receive MMS, make sure that roaming data is turned on even though you did not purchase data.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Manually connect to T-Mobile. AT&T likely has left us. For fun you could try Verizon to verify a support agent claim that I highly doubt is true.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried connecting to a network manually?

Need Help? Let's chat.