cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On Expiring Before Use

amelie-mellow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a US add on in preparation for a trip - because I’d had issues purchasing once in the US. I arrived in the US yesterday and just received a messsge my add on expires today! How does the clock start before I’ve even arrived?! I am NOT about to pay another $20 when i calculated the add on to start on the day I turned on roaming and entered the US. 

Does anyone have experience with this ? 

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@amelie-mellow 

Click on inbox arrow and sent will pop up and click on that. Took me awhile to figure that out. I had to ask too!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi

Normally you have Sent , but if cannot see it it might be 

a display issue.

Thank you too!

Leonardo

amelie-mellow

Thank you! I there a place I can check my sent messages? I sent it but am worried it didn’t go through and don’t seem to find a place to check if it went through 😞 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@amelie-mellow 

Make sure you send the info the CS_Agent is asking from you to him in your private messages only.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

My name is Leonardo and it will be my pleasure to help you today.

In order to access and secure your account, please send me the phone number and 
the 4 digit PIN.
If you forgot it please send me e-mail address, last 4 digit of your credit/debit card 
account number or last payment date.

If you have any other questions, I am at your disposal.

Kindly
Leonardo CS Agent

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Was that the $20 data or the $20 bundle? You can get the different data buckets while one (or more) is (are) active. Data should work fine. Manually connect to T-Mobile. Turn on data roaming.

Buy roaming add-ons at the top of whatever hour (in the morning to not waste part of the 240 hours) so that you know exactly when it will expire. To buy the same one again needs to wait another 24 hours or support can add add-ons at any time.

amelie-mellow

Chat bot wasn’t getting it… thanks for the link to the CSM 🙏🏽

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@amelie-mellow

Customer support is very reasonable. Explain your honest mistake and they will likely remove the add on and add it back again for you. You are not the first to make this mistake and likely not the last and now you know. Here is some additional info on US Roaming add ons that you may find helpful....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

walker1
Mayor / Maire

Why put yourself thru all that headache.

Just get a cheap local sim with data, next time. With problems everytime with getting that add on.

amelie-mellow

I purchased it 9 days ago because I’ve been travelling since then - not in the US- and every time I tried to purchase it once in the US it’s never worked. I’m here for work and can’t be without data 😞 why am I being penalized for being pro active when the whole reason I did it is because Public wasn’t working when I tried to add the roaming while in the US

@amelie-mellow if you bought it before and never use it, open a ticket with PM and let them  know you got it earliet by mistake

to open ticket with PM

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

amelie-mellow

@softech - I saw a great answer you gave under someone else’s post. Public should really outline the add on starts the clock as soon as you buy. I’d tried to purchase while in the US in the past and it never worked. I couldn’t take a chance to not have data while in the US again. Thoughts on how to restart the clock or get a credit for this so I’m not paying twice? TY

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@amelie-mellow 

The clock starts once you buy that add on , whether your still home or in the USA.

The add on is good for 240 hr from when you purchase it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@amelie-mellow when did you buy it?

US roaming as a 10 days, 240 hours, expiry.   It starts counting from the moment the purchase was made successfully.   So, the question  is when you bought it?

Need Help? Let's chat.