cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-On Error Msg: ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Balance_12ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provis

Jbishop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been encountering this issue/message when I attempt to complete the final step (2nd) in purchasing add-on.  I desparately need my phone as I'm in the US without roaming service.

What does the error message mean and can someone from the Public Mobile Tech team please resolve the issue of...

ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Balance_12ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provis

Thank you - Jules.

10 REPLIES 10

@koimr1 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@wetcoaster if he doesn't have us talk addon in the USA, can he still dial that number to purchase an add-on?

I can't speak from own experience - never used a US roaming add-on.

However, there has been a recent report that it worked for that particular poster. Sorry, can't find it right now, proper search would need to wait until late tonight.

That could've been my post, I was in the US last weekend and was able to call the number without any add-ons. 🙂

Edit: Well oops, I see it's already been confirmed by OP; this is what I get for leaving the reply window open too long. 🙂

@koimr1

Probably! Thanks for confirming.

As mentioned I didn't have enough time to do a proper search this morning to find the post that I knew I had seen just a short while ago. But I felt that it would be worth just throwing that information out there, the worst case scenario would have been that the OP would have needed to PM the mods if the number didn't work without a US talk add-on.

Sorry for the inconvenience - I really try to back up my statements, but occasionally a situation like this just arises.

FYI: 611 (in Canada) & the 800 (US & Canada) number both work even if your account is suspended. PM always wants you to be able to pay up! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

another interesting fact to know!

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wetcoaster wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@wetcoaster if he doesn't have us talk addon in the USA, can he still dial that number to purchase an add-on?

However, there has been a recent report that it worked for that particular poster. Sorry, can't find it right now, proper search would need to wait until late tonight.

That could've been my post, I was in the US last weekend and was able to call the number without any add-ons. 🙂

Edit: Well oops, I see it's already been confirmed by OP; this is what I get for leaving the reply window open too long. 🙂

@Jbishop wrote:

Thank you - oddly enough, dialing the number provided worked even without US Roaming!

Just completed the Add-On purchase via phone.

Cool. Thanks for confirming.

Jbishop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you - oddly enough, dialing the number provided worked even without US Roaming!

Just completed the Add-On purchase via phone.

@NDesai wrote:

Why is *611 not working while I am in the U.S.?

• We’re working on this! Dialing *611 is not available now, but will be coming soon. In the meantime, you can dial 1-855-4PUBLIC instead.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Try purchasing the addon via dialing 611. But this will not work since you are in the USA. May be try using incognito or private browsing mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.