cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ON

Lzakrajsek
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I purchased a US talk and Text Roaming package for $15.  It is showing on my account but my phone is saying Emergency numbers only.  Why is the roaming not kicking in??

13 REPLIES 13

Lzakrajsek

Thank you so much.  You are incredible.  My phone is working.  Now I can rest easy on my vacation!!!!!

Try this @Lzakrajsek menu - settings - connection - network selection - manual - at&t / T-Mobile and restart your phone.

@Lzakrajsek wrote:

Maybe this is the problem I don't have an adroid or smart phone.  I have a little ZTE flip phone.  I know.  No laughing.  I don't know if it can roam.  Can someone let me know?? Is there a phone number I can call

@Lzakrajsek 

Do you know which exact model of ZTE phone?  

It should be able to roam, but you may need to enable roaming in your settings.  Have you used this phone before for roaming in the USA?

@Lzakrajsek wrote:

Maybe this is the problem I don't have an adroid or smart phone.  I have a little ZTE flip phone.  I know.  No laughing.  I don't know if it can roam.  Can someone let me know?? Is there a phone number I can call

@Lzakrajsek   Are you able to see if you are connected to either AT&T or T-Mobile carriers which partner with PM  in the US?

scorpio17

All phones can roam. There are no phone number to call. You can use forum or ask moderators.

@Lzakrajsek wrote:

@Lzakrajsek wrote:

@Lzakrajsek  Turning roaming on applies only to data so that shouldn't be the problem.

Make sure your Public Mobile SIM is inserted correctly in your device.

Lzakrajsek

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lzakrajsek  How did it go?  Is it working now.  Let us know how we can help

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lzakrajsek wrote:

I purchased a US talk and Text Roaming package for $15.  It is showing on my account but my phone is saying Emergency numbers only.  Why is the roaming not kicking in??

@Lzakrajsek  Is your PM account currently active? Was today your plan renewal date? Does selfserve report your account as suspended?

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lzakrajsek wrote:

Try to reboot the phone and see if it kicks in.

Also made sure the roaming is enabled in the phone settings 

Your roaming setting needs to be turned on for both calling and data for it to work.

Cheers

@Lzakrajsek 

You can also try toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Here is the help article on US roaming:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

@Lzakrajsek wrote:

I am in states now and my phone doesn't work.  Very inconvenient!!!

Do you see the roaming add-on in your online account?  Purchasing the add-on is a two step process, first add funds, then make the purchase.

Also enable roaming and try to manually select either AT&T or T-Mobile.  Reboot your phone too.

Lzakrajsek

I am in states now and my phone doesn't work.  Very inconvenient!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.