cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active on both carriers after porting

goldenbear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I ported my number from Fido to PM last night. My phone calls are working. However, I just called Fido and confirmed that I am still active on their end. Is there any potential issue? How long does it usually take?

Regards,

12 REPLIES 12

goldenbear

Has anyone experience similar issues, not necessarily with Fido?

Jamar_so_far
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@goldenbear to give you a timeframe based upon my own problems signing up, I registered from Freedom to PM on Thursday at 5pm mountain time. I sent the private message at about 8pm that night, and received my confirmation of activation email that I was actually registered to the public mobile service the next morning at 10am. I got a message from a mod 3 days later, monday 8am and they opened a tech ticket. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my number to be officially ported as theres still a hangup and the techs haven't gotten to it yet.

Hopefully you'll fare better than me? tomorrow will be 6 days without phone service. As long as your previous carrier still works, you're still paying is my best guess. 

goldenbear

When can I expect this to be fixed? I don't want to be charge on both sides.

-Thanks

Jamar_so_far

@goldenbear

The message you have sent will get dished to the moderators. They are dealing with a backlog of new users signing up at the moment. Sadly, I am one of them too. Just gotta wait it out I'm afraid and someone will respond to you in your private mail folder. 

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jamar_so_far

I confirm! All messages Jeremy receives go straight to our pool of private messages 🙂 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Jamar_so_far

@Luddite Can you please comment if sending a PM to Jeremy will dish it into the Mod Pool for Private messages? 

@goldenbear, you should send your message to the Moderator Team not Jeremy.  Seeing as how you have already sent the message and now tagged them, please do not tag or pm them as this will just increase the number of "cases" they have to look into.  They will all get notified and I am sure Jeremy will pass the message on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

goldenbear

@CS_Agent I have sent Jeremy a message. Please help me with the process. Thank you.

Jamar_so_far

@goldenbear 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

This is a link that shows the 4 moderators that serve the PM community. you can click on any one of them and you will get an option to send a private message. Do not worry about which one, they all go into a large pool and any moderator will view the next private message in the queue. Good Luck! 

**Edit: I have realized this thread has been updated and the individual Mods that were previously listed are now just represented by (@)moderator_Team. Note that I put the @ sign in parentheses so not to tag them in this post. 

goldenbear

@bryclops @mimmo Thank you for your reply. I'm new to PM. How can I contact the mod?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Does ur fido sim still work? Do u get incoming calls? If yes port has not completed.

Did u get a port completed sms? If no port has not completed.

If port is not complete you need to get mod help. Send old account details and sim number

bryclops

The port usually takes no more than 1 hour.  You should message the Mods so that they can push the port through for you.  Send a private message to the mods here providing them with your Fido account number and the number you are trying to port over to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.