cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

Jean1957
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone, just activated my sim. I am able to make calls but I can't receive calls. I can't send or receive texts as well. Please help. 

9 REPLIES 9

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did you open a ticket with a CSA and were they able to resolve this for you? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jean1957 

Your SIM card only partially provisioned to your account. It's likely only customer support can provision it properly since the phone number isn't being recognized. But there are a few things you can try in the meantime. 

1. Power off your phone and remove your SIM card. If ou have another phone you can test it in great! It never hurts to 100% rule out it being a device issue. Otherwise wait a full 10 minutes and reseat the SIM card in your phone and reboot.
  2. Log into your self serve account. Make a manual $1 top up payment by choosing "other amount" and confirming and submitting the payment. Log out and reboot your phone. If this doesn't help with provisioning your SIM card at least you know your autopay card will work at renewal.
  3. Log into your self serve account again. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot your phone.

Still no joy? If you have already reached out to customer support via the links supplied by @JoyLuck then expect a reply an hour or two at most after they open for business in the morning. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply in the morning

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Jean1957 

If all your services are not working by the morning then I would suggest contacting a CSA.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Jean1957

I did enable sms on the messaging app. I can make calls on the PM sim but I can't receive calls from it. It says ""The number you have reached is not in service. Please check the number and try your call again."

@Jean1957 

Try taking your sim out for a few minutes and then reinstall.

Jean1957

I did try all of these but it's still not working. I'm still able to make a call, (other phone would ring, and I can make conversations) but when the same phone calls my phone, it says "The number you have reached is not in service. Please check the number and try your call again." Weird. Also still unable to send and receive text messages. 

@Jean1957 

Try the following:

-Reboot

-Reset Network Settings and reboot

-Put on airplane mode and then take off and reboot

Jean1957

I didn't port any number from other providers. This is a new sim and new activation. Yes, I'm using an iPhone. 

@Jean1957 wrote:

Hi Everyone, just activated my sim. I am able to make calls but I can't receive calls. I can't send or receive texts as well. Please help. 

It's possible that there are multiple issues here.  Did you ask for a number to be ported in to Public Mobile? Not recieving incoming phone calls nor incoming text messages is an indication of number porting that isn't complete. If you did request that, reinsert your old carrier's SIM card to repond to a text message from them that authorizes the phone number transfer.  As for the inability to send text messages, that would be some other type of issue.  I would suggest that if you're using an iPhone device to ensure that you have the SMS feature enabled.

Need Help? Let's chat.